Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Siri is somewhat stupid, but quite nice

Apple built Siri into its latest update, Sierra, 10.11.5 so I tried it out. Frustrating at first because either Siri is partially deaf or my laptop microphone is not that great or I have a serious speech impediment. Hmm, I think that I'm beginning to understand why it seems so many people don't care to talk to me.

Siri was perfectly useless at first misunderstanding everything. But then I finally got a few wins. I didn't have much to ask anyway. If you care to see it, this how our first session went.

What does schematic mean?

* SkinMedica — Official Site
* Buy SkinMedica Products Online
* Skinmedica TNS: Does Skinmedica TNS Work

Siri, what color is your dress?

* Wikipedia, color

Show me an Egyptian falcon

* Wikipedia, Kitchen

Egyptian falcon

 * who would you like to call?

Show me Horus

1) * Porch
2) * Koert
3) * Corn

Horus!

* Harvard Illinois Bancorp closed at 13.80 last Wednesday.

Egyptian god Horus

* My policy is the separation of spirit and silicon.

Egyptian gods

* Photos didn’t find any photos.

Show me Oisiris

* I found quite a number of movies matching “Silence”

Egyptian history

* That may be beyond my abilities at the moment.

Show me pyramids

* Wikipedia, Parapet

How do I write hieroglyphics?

* I’d be happy to give you directions. Where would you like to go?

I’d like to travel the Nile.

* It doesn’t look like you have an app named “Travel”. If you’d like, I can help you look for it on the App Store.

Show me a dog.

* Wikipedia, Dog WIN!

Show me a Belgian Tervuren.

* Wikipedia, Asteroid belt

Siri, sing me a song.

*  I’d rather leave that to the professionals

Siri, how much sleep do you get?

* Yes?

How much sleep do you get?

*  Here’s what I found on the web for ‘How much flight ticket’:

Siri, do you sleep?

* I never rest, but thanks for asking

What do you wear?

*  I can’t answer that.

Do you have any kids?

* None, the last time I checked.

Are you married?

* Do you start many of your conversations this way?

What’s your favorite word?

* (work) My name is Siri, and I was designed by Apple in California. That’s all I’m prepared to say.

What’s your favorite word?

*  I don’t like to play favorites.

Did you ever steal anything?

*  I don’t know how to respond to that.

Where did you bury your competitors?

* (where can you carry) Map to Creager Merchantile Wholesaler 3.5 miles

How do you make dumplings?

* Wikipedia, Dumpling. The main ingredients for dumplings are flour and potato. WIN!

What kind of soup is best?

* (what kind of soup) Web search Wikipedia, What kind of soup are you quiz, types of soup, 50 soups. WIN!

Where do clouds come from?

* Wikipedia, Cloud, Cosmics Leaving Outdoor Droplets or CLOUD is an experiment being run at CERN by a group of researchers lead by Jasper Kirkby to investigate the microphysics between galactic cosmic rays (GCRs) and aerosols under controlled conditions.

What is an Animal?

* Wikipedia, Animal WIN!

How do you plant a caladium?

*  Good information on planting caladiums. WIN!

Is it a crime to kill someone?

* I don’t know how to respond to that

Can penguins fly?

* Good information on penguins flying WIN!

Where does corn come from?

* Wolfram Alpha Corn North American distribution, a good map WIN!

How many species of snake in the U.S.?

*  Good information on snakes in the United States. WIN!

What color are your eyes?

* I don’t have eyes. But if I did, I think I’d be rolling them a lot.

Thank you, Siri, you’ve been very nice.

* I aim to please.

Good night.

* Sorry, I can’t help you with HomeKit here.

What is HomeKit?

* HomeKit lets you use your IOS device (and me) to control things in your home like lights, thermostats and smart plugs.

I must go now.

* OK, here’s what I found Fresenius Kidney Care Dialysis Clinics.

3 comments:

Eric the Fruit Bat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eric the Fruit Bat said...

Obligatory.

ampersand said...

Not a problem. The NSA knows what you mean.