Tuesday, July 11, 2017

"N.B. man survives lightning strike while giving daughter's wedding speech"

Via Drudge:  Nadeau said he had his back turned toward the storm while giving his speech, and was unaware of the storm clouds approaching the wedding party.

He said his daughter stood nearby when she saw the lightning strike behind him, shooting a bolt of electricity through his body.

"I had the microphone and the shock jumped into the sound system and my hand just lit up and I saw the spark," he said.

"And I'm looking at my hand and it's all flared up … It was like I was holding a lightning bolt in my hand, it was amazing."

(Link to more of the stormy story)

4 comments:

The Dude said...

Big bouquets of flares always make a wedding more festive.

Leland said...

I advise the groom not to piss off his new father-in-law. I'd say that anyway as a father of two daughters, but if God couldn't fuck with me; you might just want to consider your chances.

Amartel said...

Flaming Parent, Dad Flares and Mom-on-Fiyah is the new normal at weddings.
They're so happy the kids are finally getting out of the house. Maybe they get a year to themselves before their parents start moving in on them.

William said...

That's such a downer when your parent gets killed by lightning on your wedding day. The sex is probably less celebratory, but it would be important to do it in order to affirm the primacy of life. Anyway, that's what I'd tell her.