Wednesday, April 26, 2017

The "Please Clap" Guy and a Guy with the Clap buy a baseball team!



Jeb Bush and Derek Jeter have won the auction to buy the Florida Marlins. They paid 1.3 billion to get the South Florida team. That's right. 1.3 billion. Where did they get all that money.

I bet Jeter is window dressing. There have to be a lot of big money guys involved. Jeter must think he can run the baseball end of things. Big mistake.

Jeb has said he will be the controlling force. But I don't think so. The will be a big money guy who will call the tune. They just used Jeb and Jeter as a front.

It was the same deal when the Boss bought the Yankees. Mike Burke thought he was running things and Lee MacPhail thought he would do the baseball decisions. Just like this set up. Instead the Boss took over everything. I bet that is what is going to happen here.

Jeter is making a big mistake because he is going to tarnish his image by being involved in the management of another team. He needed to go off and enjoy his life outside of baseball. He could have been an icon like Mantle and DiMaggio were back in the day. Instead he is a hack connected to a another team. Big mistake.

They should stick with what they are famous for in real life. Jeb for asking people to clap for him in his hapless run for President. Jeter for giving celebrity bitches the clap. It is hilarious that if you go to a celebrity social disease site every one says "Derek Jeter gave her herpes."

Now he is giving it to the National League. What would Ricky Branch say?

16 comments:

chickelit said...

What would Ricky Branch say?

Ask Carol_Herman. In a tent. At Woodstock.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

Stengel managed the Mets

Trooper York said...

Yes and became a joke.

That is what happens.

Plus Stengel was known as a Dodger and a Giant.

Did you know that Leo Durocher started out as a shortstop for the Yankees before he became a Dodger legend.

The Dude said...

There was that guy they hated up in Boston, you know, fought in two wars, hit .406 in 1941, loved to fish, has his head stuck on a Pepsi can in someone's deep freezer, you know who I mean, he coached the Washington Senators.

Now of all those things, which one did the most to ruin his rep? You are correct, he played for Boston.

And thanks, CL - if you see Carol Herman, or her hermits, say hey for me.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

Stegel was still with the Mets (although not manager) when they won the World Series in 1969.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

Hey, don't judge Sixty for hooking up with Carol Herman back in the day...

ndspinelli said...

I just find it interesting that Jeter is in business w/ a Republican. Jason Whitlock is someone who is calling out all the SJW's in sport reporting. He is the voice for the blue collar sport fan fed up w/ all this PC horseshit in sports. I think Whitlock voted for Trump. He is worth following an watching on FS1. I've followed him back to his KC Star columnist days.

ricpic said...

I never saw Jeter as a saint in the first place. But then I was spared the horror of being a Yankee fan.

Trooper York said...

Jeter is like most black guys who get money. They don't move to the hood. They become Republicans.

I just think he is making a big mistake. He can tarnish his legacy getting involved as a minority owner in a bad situation. If he really wanted to stay in the game he should have taken a GM slot. I think that is what this is and he thinks he has some control because he will be a part owner. Big mistake.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

I can't help but like Jeter, even though I despise the Yankees. I am just wondering why he would want to associate with a beta loser like Jeb!? Why would investors want Jeb! as one of their front men? You would think you would want someone more dynamic.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

"Being with a woman all night never hurt no professional baseball player. It's staying up all night looking for a woman that does him in." Casey Stengel

ampersand said...

Wasn't Carol Herman the one wrote those long stream of consciousness posts? She used to get under someone's skin.

ndspinelli said...

Evi, My daughter was 2 when my father died so all she knows are photos of them two. But, I would tell her about his love of the Yankees. My daughter became a baseball fan and then a Yankee/Jeter fan. I would take her to games in Chicago, Detroit, Minneapolis, even Yankee Stadium to see the Yankees and Jeter. She came to love Jeter's posse of Mariano, Tino, Jorge. Conversely, she also liked David Wells. She just called him "fat boy." What made me so happy was she picked a good guy to worship. I know Jeter has his flaws but he was brought up right, two parents, and had a legit foundation[Turn Two] for kids. Not a scam one like Dave Winfield. My old man HATED Winfield.

The Dude said...

"LET'S GET TWO!"

The Dude said...

Which reminds me, as I have mentioned, I don't have television reception, I only listen to FM on the radio, but the other day while driving (something else I rarely do) I heard a ballgame. What do you know - the Bulls are back in town. I much preferred them when they were Single A and in their old ballpark, but I did listen to the game and what better sign is there that summer is on its way.

Trooper York said...

Nothing is better than baseball on the radio in the summer. Sipping a beer and smoking a cigar in the back yard. Listening to John Sterling.

Back in the day Rizzuto and Bill White.

Those were the days.