Tuesday, January 17, 2017

The Pack is Whack: Aaron Rodgers Neighborhood

This is why Aaron Rodgers is silent on festering family drama

New York Post By Jaclyn Hendricks January 17, 2017 


Whispers surrounding Aaron Rodgers’ family feud are getting louder and louder as the Packers move closer and closer to the Super Bowl.
Days after the New York Times investigated Rodgers’ strained relationship with his family, a source close to the quarterback revealed he has no plans to comment on the rift.
“Aaron has never wanted to air this out in a public forum. He’s going through great precautions not to make things worse,” the insider told People. “You’re not going to see him on Oprah crying about all of this. He will deal with his family issues privately.”
Rodgers’ family drama went fully public last summer following Jordan Rodgers’ appearance on “The Bachelorette.” As Jordan moved further along in the competition, he came clean to now-fiancée JoJo Fletcher about the fractured relationship with his older brother.
“I have a great relationship with my brother Luke. Me and Aaron really don’t have much of a relationship,” Jordan explained. “It’s just kind of the way he’s chosen to do life, and I chose to stay close with my family, my parents and my brother."
“It’s not ideal, and I love him. I can’t imagine what it’s like to be in his shoes and have the pressure he has and the demands from people he has. Don’t have hard feelings against him. It’s just how things go right now.”

You can only expect the pressure to intensify as the Packers keep winning. Rodgers led Green Bay to a 34-31 victory over the Cowboys on Sunday, and they will play the Falcons in the NFC Championship Game this weekend. With another victory would come the relentless hype of the two-week run-up to the Super Bowl — especially the big-tent-circus, anything-goes environment of Media Day.
Rodgers previously expressed his commitment to remaining tight-lipped about his dirty laundry, even as the “Bachelorette” gossip hit the press.
“As far as those kinds of things go, I’ve always found that it’s a little inappropriate to talk publicly about some family matters, so I’m just — I’m not going to speak on those things,” he told reporters in July.
Rodgers’ father, Ed, previously hinted that the allure of Hollywood had gotten to his middle child, and rumors have circulated that longtime girlfriend Olivia Munn contributed to the family split. Sources told Us Weekly the actress has “a strong personality and every meeting she has had with them has gone badly.”
When Jordan brought JoJo home to Chico, Calif., for last year’s reality-show episode, two empty chairs — for Rodgers and Munn — were conspicuously left at the kitchen table. According to Bleacher Report, Rodgers hasn’t spoken to his parents since 2014 and returned Christmas presents sent to him and Munn. Ed Rodgers confirmed the accuracy of the Bleacher Report story to the Times.

10 comments:

chickelit said...

I loved seeing the Pack wipe that smirk off of Elisha Manning's face a couple weeks ago.

Did you miss that?

Methadras said...

Anything to see that goobery douche manning lose is alright with me. Fucking goober.

Amartel said...

This is nobody's damn business.

Trooper York said...

I don't care about football anymore. So I could care less about Eli and the Giants. When you dead to me you are dead to me.

But anything that upsets the football people makes me smile these days.

I always thought Aaron Rodgers was a douchenozzle. This just confirms it. Who doesn't talk to their parents for a year?

john said...

I got a feeling that the Falcons are going to pick the Packers apart. Sorry Allen, but that's where I'm putting my money Sunday.

Leland said...

I think this is mostly a nothing burger. The impression I got is various family members got upset when Aaron didn't prioritize a family event over football. While many would argue football isn't that important (and others meaning this in terms of the NFL); it is still Aaron's job.

My wife is a RN. She's missed numerous family events and holiday gatherings for her job. She sort of gets a pass, because her job is saving the lives of others; and we need people to do this. But because it happens, I guess I don't see the big deal.

I think Jordan gets it, but he's not happy about it. And I'm sure whatever event occurred involved lots of emotions and words not typically spoken in regards to family. Still, millions of people find nothing wrong with watching football at whatever level on Thanksgiving or Christmas Day. It could have been Easter, but sometimes work needs to come first. It is ones livelihood, and as far as it goes; the family put him on track to make it his livelihood.

Finally, this is a Rodger's family issue, not mine. As much as I despise the NFL; I despise ABC/Disney much more. Aaron didn't ask for this issue to enter the public consciousness, and maybe Jordan did or didn't. Whatever the case, ESPN is a much bigger douchenozzle than Aaron or any of his family could hope to be. Same with ESPN's parent company. Cover the game and not the social schedule!

ricpic said...

Jordan couldn't control himself? He had to wash the dirty family laundry in public? Sounds to me like a passive aggressive jab at his big super successful brother. Hey, I get it. I've got a cousin who made it to the top of his world and it pisses me off. But ya gotta stifle, right Edith?

TrooperYork said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
edutcher said...

Who?

AllenS said...

It's football. Sometimes the best team wins, and sometime the ball bounces in the wrong direction, and you lose.

GO PACK!