It's about political feelings.
"As a public servant for nearly 23 years, I struggle to not violate the Hatch Act. So I keep quiet and skirt the mdeian. To do otherwise can be a criminal offense for those in my position. Despite the fact that I am expected to take a bullet for both sides. But this world has changed and I have changed. And I would take jail time over a bullet or an endorsement for what I believe to be a disaster to this country and the strong and amazing women and minorities who reside here. Hatch Act be damned. I am with Her.”People do not like what they read. A dog pile is in progress at the moment calling for Kerry O'Grady to be fired forthwith.
But before that Kerry O'Grady was lauded for her leadership.
You don't have to be a member of Twitter to search it. Twitter [kerry o'grady] gives results that include other Kerrys and other O'Gradys. At the top, most heavily, and throughout, is the dog pile. Before that, lower in the list and earlier by date, Feb 4th, are the compliments to her leadership.
* Wake up, show up, leave nothing on the field - Kerry O'Grady. Exceptional speaker @cowomenschamber #CWCCluncheon
* Never sacrifice what is right for what is convenient--Kerry O'Grady, US Secret Service @cowomenschamber
* "Be transparent, if you give people your reasons, they will follow you" - Kerry O'Grady on leadership.
* Have the moral courage to make hard decisions- Kerry O'Grady, Special Agent in Charge, United States Secret Service
There you have it. Have the moral courage to quit your job and find another that suits your perfection.
Then the shitstorm, a phenomenon for which Twitter is famed. Odd that, O'Grady's post is on FaceBook, not Twitter, but just as bad a place for providing the means for otherwise lucid people to commit occupational suicide caught up in the moment. Such a careless mistake that puts one's judgement and commitment to question. The commitment is not to the job, that can be held by a someone not conflicted with political moral fidelity. And even that is hugely debatable. It can be argued, and is argued, her commitment is to her own moral preening, and to political crime syndicate, not to Secret Service.
On Twitter presently this worsens with each passing minute. A snapshot:
* There is no way Kerry O'Grady can continue in her position with @SecretService in light of her statements.
* Senior Secret Service Kerry O'Grady supports the #WomesMarch. Does that mean she supports blowing up the White House? Fire Her #YoureFired
* Kerry O'Grady is the secret service agent who says she wouldn't take a bullet for our president. Not sure why she still has a job. #MAGA
* @SecretService agent Kerry O'Grady's proclaiming she's UNWILLING to perform her SWORN duties for PARTISAN reasons presents THREAT to POTUS!
* Get her out! Kerry O'Grady, Secret Service Agent
* Kerry O'Grady makes close to $100k after 23 years, thats a lot of money to refuse doing your job.. "Senior Secret Service" #PresidentTrump🇺🇸
* 🔥YOU'RE FIRED!
Senior Secret Service agent Kerry O'Grady suggests she wouldn't take 'a bullet' for Trump
* Is the "Senior Secret Service" Kerry O'Grady telling other SS agents not to protect the president? We don't know that she's not. Fire her.
* Secret Service Agent won't take a bullet for @POTUS. What the hell kind of example does that set? Drain the Swamp
* Kerry O'Grady needs to be fired. Traitors do not belong anywhere near the #POTUS or the whitehouse.
* Kerry O'Grady, Senior SECRET SERVICE said in FB" I WILL LOOK TO ANOTHER SIDE IF SOMEBODY KILL HIM" (no mention name) and APPLAUDE!
* @SecretService how on earth are you allowing Kerry O'Grady to stay? She can't be trusted, she needs to be fired. #TrumpAffect #MAGA
* Pretty sure @SecretService agent Kerry O'Grady #shotherselfinthefoot shouldn't be anywhere around @POTUS
* Gotta be fired’: Senior @SecretService agent in hot water over this Facebook post http://twitchy.com/sd-3133/2017/01/24/gotta-be-fired-senior-secret-service-agent-in-hot-water-over-this-facebook-post/ … Fire Kerry O'Grady!
* Kerry O'Grady, the special agent in charge of the @SecretService's #Denver district needs to be fired immedialtley. http://feeds.foxnews.com/~r/foxnews/politics/~3/6Hzd2vToxBU/senior-secret-service-agent-suggests-wouldnt-take-bullet-for-trump.html …
* Kerry O'Grady needs to be fired! @ThomasBernpaine @hectormorenco @mitchellvii @tgradous @IngrahamAngle @LorainBingham https://twitter.com/drudgeheadlines/status/823958032065449984 …
* Sr Secret Service Agent Kerry O'Grady: I wouldn't take a bullet for Trump http://washex.am/2jaTHqT She must be fire Now #tcot #pjnet #maga
My dad told me in the military branches it doesn't matter what your opinion is of the president. Service member's political opinions are irrelevant to the job. Service members cede their opinion upon signing up. They are pawns, soldiers, not policy makers. That is a different job.
But even without that attitude or that policy, it is still the job. Kerry O'Grady is publishing that she is unwilling to do her actual job. And she's so brilliant! Maybe she needn't be fired. Maybe she can be reassigned to their counterfeit division since she avers proficiency with spotting fakes.