Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Think again there buddy



So I walk into the bank down the block yesterday to make some checks. There are these two sharped dressed dudes waiting for the manager.  I am immersed in my own affairs and don't pay too much attention. Just enough the way you always do in the city. You want to be sure they aren't going to start shooting.

These mooks were there to promote Brooklyn Nets Basketball. I guess they picked Chase because every single employee is black. I don't know how that happened. Well I do know how that happened but waddayagonna do? The had a token Italian guy for a while to talk to the old timers who still had money in the bank but that ended three years ago.

Anyway these guys were peddling tickets to the Nets. They were trying to sell season packages and as a come on were offering floor seats for $50. I thought nothing of it and finished my transactions (after the usual endless difficulties).


So what do you know these guys were working their way down the street. They came into the shop and before they even started their spiel I stopped them. "Look I had season tickets for the Knicks for more than twenty years. But I will never spend another dollar or watch another game until the league fines or cuts these idiots that don't stand for the anthem." "Well that's their right to protest." "It sure is. And it is my right to tell you  to get the fuck out."

Now the league is even worse then that. The John Podesta lookalike douche Commissioner Adam Silver wants the ballplayers who go to the White House to smart mouth Donald Trump. Per Breitbart:

“To me, if a player were to choose not to go to the White House, whether they were choosing not to go to the current White House or a future White House, my response would be: ‘That’s a lost opportunity,'” Silver said. “Because that’s an opportunity that most citizens who have a political point of view would kill for — the opportunity to directly tell the president of the United States how they feel about an issue.”
“Now, if the president were to say, ‘I have no interest in what members of the NBA think about an issue,’ that might surprise me and I might have a different response,” Silver added.
He basically wants his players to go after Trump and push the Social Justice Warrior nonsense. I only hope that Trump forgoes the invitation for any winning team. But especially NBA and NFL teams. Invite soldiers. Cops. Fireman. Factory Workers. Clerks. Regular Americans. You know the Deplorables. They are the Champions. Not LeBron fucking James.
These sports teams are gonna fall on hard times. Now they are trying to sell tickets door to door. Never saw that before.  Ratings are down big time. ESPN is hemorrhaging ratings because  of their SJW bullshit. Screw them and the million dollar cars they road in on. 
I think Trump has to unleash a Twitter Storm on the NBA. 



6 comments:

Chip Ahoy said...

Did you not see the sign, "no soliciting allowed?" If you lads need bras or lingerie I can fit that otherwise BEGONE!

Trooper York said...

Well the wife chimed in and said "Why don't you buy something."

They didn't like that very much.

deborah said...

"And it is my right to tell you to get the fuck out."

Well you have brass ones. I'd'a been scurred. And the Derb would have been sweating profusely.

Trooper York said...

They were hipster nerds. Just like the NBA commissioner.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

The RedSox are going to kick ass next year.

Amartel said...

I have no idea what this "basketball" thing is.