Thursday, June 16, 2016

"Orlando terrorist's... Facebook posts from inside club revealed"

In the hours after he blasted his way into an Orlando gay nightclub, and with his victims lying dead or wounded around him, Omar Mateen took to Facebook to pledge his loyalty to ISIS and threaten more attacks on the civilized world, a key lawmaker privy to the gunman’s posts told FoxNews.com Wednesday.
Mateen, who killed 49 people and wounded 53 inside Pulse early Sunday, died when a SWAT team stormed the club. But in the roughly four hours between his initial rampage and his death, the 29-year-old radicalized Muslim broadcast his twisted message of hate on social media, according to Senate Homeland Security Chairman Ron Johnson, R-Wisc.
“I pledge my alliance to (ISIS leader) abu bakr al Baghdadi..may Allah accept me,” Mateen wrote in one post early Sunday morning. “The real muslims will never accept the filthy ways of the west” …“You kill innocent women and children by doing us airstrikes..now taste the Islamic state vengeance.”
Mateen’s social media accounts were taken down before they could be widely viewed by the public, but Johnson’s committee investigators have uncovered some or all of them. The senator has also written a letter to Facebook executives expressing concern about Mateen’s postings and asking for more information on his activities.
I call for a Facebook ban for people on watch lists.

14 comments:

AprilApple said...

Facebook and twitter better ban all the right-wing crazies and leave poor radical Muslims alone!

edutcher said...

Zuckerberg may ban all manner of Conservative groups, but he seems to have no problem letting Moslem crazies use his website as a platform.

Maybe it's time to boycott the little schlemiel.

chickelit said...

Zuckerberg may ban all manner of Conservative groups, but he seems to have no problem letting Moslem crazies use his website as a platform.

Maybe it's time to boycott the little schlemiel.


He just sees more and more users and more and more data he can collect and sell.

chickelit said...

So you see, Zuckerberg is a "patriot" because he doesn't want to scare off Muslim crazies because their data is some of the most valuable data.

Sixty Grit said...

Zucker is an anti-American billionaire - is he from New York, too?

ndspinelli said...

White Plains, NY.

Michael Haz said...

What I don't understand is this: if the shooter had time to post on Facebook, and had time to make repeated phone calls to CNN or whoever, how come in that room full of men, three or four men didn't seize the opportunity to rush the shooter, even at the expense of their own lives?

Has everyone forgotten "Let's roll" heroism?

Methadras said...

What's funny is that people say about Mateen's pledge to ISIS is that, "Well, he did it on the 911 call and on facebook, but he wasn't ISIS." The fuck makes you think he hadn't pledged himself already months prior to the attack. People are so shallow and stupid taking everything as literally to justify their thoughts and beliefs in a grand gesture of confirmation bias. He was ISIS for fucks sake.

Jim in St Louis said...

Haz-
I know right? The attack went on so long and there must have been opportunities to bum rush the guy. I’m wondering about my fellow gays- are they ALL pansies? I’m way too old for the dance club gay bar- but at the one or two gay bars that I go to I can’t believe my fags would not have tackled the shooter. Or sprayed a fire extinguisher in his face or thrown a chair at him, or something.

On the other hand- still do not have all the facts, and it was 2am, and last call, and most patrons would likely be drunk or buzzed. Who can say what one will do in a stressed situation. But if people will not defend themselves, or defend their loved ones then it sort of puts to paid all the love and candle vigils, where was the love during the shooting?

Jim in St Louis said...

And why censor the posts? Unless there is information about the investigation or something sensitive- why not let everyone see exactly what he put on FB, are they scared of copy-cats?

I am so sick of leftists pretending that regular Americans are just so close to the edge and that we are going to go hunt down anyone with a beard and a turban. Like the Onion headline about “Moderate Muslims fear backlash from Tomorrow’s Attack” Or when CNN reported on the Paris attacks and would not even show the ‘offensive’ cartoon cause even the sight of it would drive Muslims into a murderous rage.

Methadras said...

Jim, I put it to a twitter douche who was arguing with me about my bigotry and wrongness about Islam and how the majority of Muslim are tolerant. I basically told this person that they are confusing the majority of Muslims being tolerant as actually being cowed by Islam and other Muslims themselves. I put it to them like this, say 10% of Muslims are radicalized, in a religion with 1.1 billion believers that's approximately 110 million radicalized Muslims, a third of the population of the US. The other 90% of the majority of Muslims are actually cowering at the other 10% because of the evil reprisal death nature of Islam. Speak out against it or other Muslims, you are under a death sentence. They may claim tolerance, but in reality they are scared shitless.

ndspinelli said...

The left SO want this to be about guns. So, unless the shitbird has an ISIS secret decoder ring and ID then he can't possibly be a member of that Jayvee team. You know there was something very psychological about our failed prez calling ISIS "Jayvee." That's all he was in high school b-ball until his senior year, where he rode the pines on varsity.

Leland said...

I wonder what his motive was. - FBI Director

Also from FBI Director, while we hear from the President and presumptive President that Trump is providing recruiting for ISIS; "ISIS likely will “intensify” terror attacks around the world even as its core fighters come under pressure in Iraq and Syria, including by deploying operatives for further attacks on the West."

What? Even if we start defeating them, they will attack us more. Is there anything we can do that won't lead to more attacks? "No" you say? Should we change the Marine Corps Hymn? Perhaps we should introduce the Obama Administration to these valiant Corpse men.

Methadras said...

Obama and any of his cadre likening criticizing ISIS, Islam or Muslims as a function of inciting more recruitment from them because of it is like saying prisons incite crime because people hate criminals. If Obama was an arsonist setting a house on fire, he'd be calling for fire extinguishers to be outlawed. What a dick.