Monday, June 6, 2016

angry gorilla


Unrelated: 

Somebody at the place I hung out said, "It's a scientific fact that monkeys cannot twist and open a doorknob."

That didn't sound right and others objected. The original commenter and other insisted it is true, they insisted it is scientific fact. Another commenter drew a picture of an enraged monkey blasting through a door that has a doorknob, "Lies! All lies!" 

The idea of a monkey being offended by having their doorknob abilities questioned had me laughing for days saying lies all lies to every tiny effrontery. 

I showed you this before. Angry Monkey pop-up card. I sent it to my family doctor marked personal and confidential and his nurse took it. She believes it is hers. It's a two page card. A teenage couple walks by a house and blithely states scientific fact about monkeys. It took a long time to figure out the doors but that is a basic pop-up thing. I should have just tore apart a book that has one.




6 comments:

The Dude said...

When apes fell out of the phylogenetic tree they started using their hands for locomotion. Everybody's doin' the locomotion.

http://www.nature.com/ncomms/2015/150714/ncomms8717/full/ncomms8717.html

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Tropical storm Colin expected to make landfall at approx 10 o'clock tonight.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

I seen a German Shorthaired Pointer turn a door knob. Did not know how it was doing it (she would just be out when I knew I had closed her in) till I saw it with my own eyes. She would use her paws to turn the door knob.

Pretty darn smart.

Oh wait, it is a German dog. That must make me a Nazi (at least over at RedState).

Methadras said...

Monkeys can twist door knobs. Their wrist morphology allows for it.

Rabel said...

The whole problem here is that this was handled by the amateurs at the zoo. If they had called in the cops, true professionals, they would have dropped a throwdown and claimed the monkey was reaching.

Dad Bones said...

A poll should have been taken as soon as the kid fell in. Shoot or procrastinate?