Sunday, April 3, 2016

Montana shorted on the payola

Collusion between the Clinton campaign and the DNC allowed Hillary Clinton to buy the loyalty of 33 state Democratic parties last summer. Montana was one of those states. It sold itself for $64,100.

...The Super Delegates now defying democracy with their insistent refusal to change their votes to Sanders in spite of a handful of overwhelming Clinton primary losses in their own states, were arguably part of that deal.

...In other words, a single donor, by giving 10,000 dollars a year to each signatory state could legally give an extra $330,000 a year for two years to the Hillary Victory Fund. For each donor, this raised their individual legal cap on the Presidential campaign to $660,000 if given in both 2015 and 2016. And to one million, three hundred and 20 thousand dollars if an equal amount were also donated in their spouse’s name.

...Our state party leadership signed a deal with a woman who out here, on our turf, possibly wouldn’t last a week. They superdelegates signed away our unobstructed right to choose which Democratic candidate we supported for President. Given that we have 15 pledged delegates and seven superdelegates, we have lost our absolute right to have superdelegate endorsements proportional to the wishes of the primary voters.

For what? Sixty four thousand and one hundred dollars? Which we had to give back? That’s a pretty poor excuse for selling out our right to our own choice."

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/04/01/how-hillary-clinton-bought-the-loyalty-of-33-state-democratic-parties/

h/t AllenS

7 comments:

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Exposed by Lois Lane. I guess she's supporting Bernie.

edutcher said...

The neat part is Bernie may get to go to the convention with states like MI, NY, WI, and possibly the lies of NJ, PA, and CA.

If so, there's going to be a hot time in the old town.

edutcher said...

While we're on the subject of fraud and such, looks like the trump people think they can get lots of Cruz delegates disqualified.

And then there's Ivana Trump, who gave an interview about The Donald. How many of you divorced guys would like to have your ex talk like this about you to the media?

ndspinelli said...

When I'm doing background checks, ex spouses are always @ the top of my list of people to interview.

edutcher said...

Well, Troop ought to be happy...

Chip Ahoy said...

*wets hair, sweeps it all forward, flips it all backward, sprays* Look. *points index finger upward* Women are high maintenance, okay? *closes hand, pauses* I know whereof I speak on this one, okay? I got great women, the best women, the best women all around, my whole life the best women all around, very high maintenance these women, I love women, the best women, very hight maintenance, all around the very best women all around. All the time. I Love women. Women love me, okay? The best women. Beautiful women. Smart women, hard working women, capable women. Educated women. The best women all around. They add to my life tremendously. I add to theirs. It's a mutual thing. Very high maintenance. A mutually beneficial thing. I love women. Women love me. Women love Trump.

Oddly, I have not grown weary of this. Yet. I don't understand myself sometimes. This is the sort of thing that should really work on my nerves. Somehow it has not yet and I stay fascinated. He just keeps saying the same shit over and over as if his sayings are axiomatic and he never tires of them, that right there amazes me. All the politicians do that and they all amaze me with their ability to keep saying the same words. Not just within a speech, but speech after speech, the same thing in every new location. Normally when they go into recital mode running rote though their catechism my impulse is punch them out of it but that impulse hasn't struck yet. I just sit there thinking, "fassy natin."

deborah said...

You've been lulled into a state of hypnosis...you've been Trumpized! He'll pull it together soon enough with statesmanlike rhetoric.