Thursday, February 11, 2016

He called the mistake a 'screw-up'

"Father found out his daughter was murdered on TV after police forgot to tell him"
David Lowell's 13-year-old daughter, Nicole, had sneaked out of her bedroom in Virginia on 27 January. Despite calling it a "screw-up" - Mr Lowell said the authorities have apologised and he did not blame them for the mistake.
Mr Lowell said he had raised concerns over her chatting to older men online but regrets not putting a stop to it. He told US talk show host Dr Phil: "If I would've been there, maybe she wouldn't have went looking for acceptance from older guys.
"There's regrets that I have that I'll never get over."

3 comments:

Chip Ahoy said...

There's regrets sounds better than the more proper thar's regrets.

Regrets? I've had a few. But then again too few to mention. I meant to say confusion, not regrets, that's I have, confusion.

I made a bold statement that I cannot back up.

Then I made another.

Seems I cannot stop. I thought and now I doubt that any random military brat will have the citizenship by natural born mother no matter where on Earth one is born down pat. Because so many have siblings in that situation or are in that situation themselves. So I thought any random military brat would have no question about Obama's citizenship nor Cruz's.

And I also thought any child could not conclude a 3 year tour of Japan come out of it not knowing how to fold a paper crane.

So I asked all my sibs those questions expecting them to all confirm.

But no. Not one. Not one even bothered responding. Meaning they're too ashamed to admit they DON'T know about natural citizenship and they DON'T know how to fold a paper crane.

What a bummer.

ampersand said...

Seems like the world is being led around the nose by what 13 year old girls want.

Methadras said...

I watched this last night because I am on vacation and the whole time I'm thinking that while I felt bad for this guy and his family, he was clearly derelict in shutting that shit down, but then again, i remembered he is a redneck hillbilly, so his 13 year old talking to older men, he thought, might have been just a warm up.