Monday, February 1, 2016

"Chilean miner WEDS the woman who fell in love with him...."

".....as she watched his dramatic rescue on TV"

A Chilean miner who was trapped underground for 69 days in 2010 has married the woman who fell in love with him after watching his miraculous rescue on TV.

As soon as she saw him being rescued, German secretary Melanie Mayer, who was holding her breath on television 8,000 miles away, felt a connection, as she told the Mirror.

'I knew he had a good soul,' the 36-year-old single mum said. 'When he smiled, I felt the strong, warm rays emanating from him. 'As crazy as it sounds, I fell in love. That's the way it was.'

The woman tracked him down on Facebook and though initially Daniel thought it was a prank, their relationship started to take off. 'We started to write to each other and she told me she was attracted to me,' Daniel said.

'I didn't believe it. I thought it was a game, a joke. I didn't believe in love on the net.'

Daniel says that Melanie helped him overcome his trauma. When he had nightmares about what happened 'she just took me in her arms and all was fine'.

6 comments:

WWIII Joe Biden, Husk-Puppet + America's Putin said...

Chilean miners on facebook. wow.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

It's funny how she spotted the one that was available. Not that it was intentional

WWIII Joe Biden, Husk-Puppet + America's Putin said...

He is cute. I think I remember I fell in love with him too.

bagoh20 said...

If this plays for you, I guarantee you will laugh:

The Riveting tale of Jose Pedro - The 34

Third Coast said...

Now he's trapped 365 days...

Amartel said...

Third Coast, that was hurtful! Give them a chance before you project your issues onto them. Sometimes let a nice story just be a nice story.