Thursday, February 4, 2016

Carter: “I think I would choose Trump..."

AJC.com:  Did Jimmy Carter just say he’d like Donald Trump to become president?


Not exactly. And only if, you get the feeling, he was down to his very last choice.

Turning to the “almost completely unpredictable” race for the Republican nomination, Carter said he had a “feeling” that Trump’s chances ultimately would “fade away.

When people actually get ready to put on a ballot, ‘This is the person I want to lead me for the next four or eight years, I think they’ll have a little different opinion,’” Carter said.

Still, better him than Ted Cruz.

If he had to choose between Cruz and Trump for the Republican nomination, Carter chuckled, “I think I would choose Trump, which may surprise some of you.”

(It did, judging by the loud laughter from the audience.)

“The reason is, Trump has proven already he’s completly malleable,” Carter explained. “I don’t think he has any fixed (positions) he’d go the White House and fight for. On the other hand, Ted Cruz is not malleable. He has far right wing policies he’d pursue if he became president.”

3 comments:

Meade said...

Trump Mush from the Rabbit Wimp

bagoh20 said...

From what I've been reading here, it seems that everyone agrees with him on this difference between Trump versus Cruz.

Methadras said...

Advice from Jimmy Carter is about as relevant as his 4 years of being in office. It isn't.

While everyone is shit talking Trump and Cruz, Rubio is sneaking in through the back door and not the way Trooper thinks of a back door either. Just sayin'