Sunday, January 3, 2016

The Great Post-Abortion Debate

This is not about what the title might suggest.

I'm talking about the 20 or so unfinished & unpublished posts still in "draft" stage on Lem's blog. They are invisible to most readers. Some of them are accidental -- a few errant keystrokes led to an unwanted brain child -- the one from Freeman Hunt for example is just a title (titular posts is my tag for that). Others appear quite well along in development -- those from Pastafarian and Michael Haz, and Trooper York for example. There's even one from Darcy. Some of these authors are no longer contributors to Lem's blog. What should become of them?  Of course it's Lems decision, but I wish they'd stop by here and say hello. I'd like to wish them all Happy New Year.

5 comments:

chickelit said...

I should talk: I have 20 or so unpublished posts on my own blog -- some of them going back years.

Methadras said...

Honestly, I gave up on my blog. I felt i didn't have time and I wasn't doing it justice. I might try it again at a later date.

Meade said...

Jestation.

MamaM said...

During last week's ice storm in MI, a group of four bluebirds stopped by the suet feeder that hangs in our dogwood, and took turns gathering sustenance. Their appearance was an unusual and out of season occurrence, and I was as delighted to see them as I was puzzled by their presence and concerned for their survival and well-being. That they knew how to find what they needed, assured me that they were on their own journey of survival, with their unexpected arrival and presence definitely adding color and interest to the scene and the day.

Among the "community of commenters" that formed at the Althouse Blog prior to July, 2013, and those who were part of the formation of Lem's Levity following that time, are a group of colorful birds whose character and integrity brighten and add value to whatever scene they enter.

I await the day when Althouse matures enough to acknowledge Lem's Levity as a blog child and bird of a similar feather, as well as the viable fruit of a splooge of epic proportions; and places it on her Blog Roll.

Best wishes to all who brought what they could over to Lem's to help sustain and nurture the growth and development of Levity, whether it be in the form of unreleased seeds or fully developed ears of corn.

XRay said...

Insightful comment, MamaM.

Best wishes to you as well, and to all the lemmings.

You know, we'll all be dead before anything sorts out.

If it ever does.

It's a big dream, really.

Relity is what happens, we know nothing of that, of the future.