Thursday, October 22, 2015

"Duo steals jewelry from art gallery, leaves name, number in guestbook, cops say"

"If I knew that they cost that much, I wouldn't have taken it,"
Megan Ohara, 24, and David Ziskoski, 19, were arrested on Sunday by the Palm Beach Police Department.
Police said Ohara and Ziskowski walked into the Attila JK exhibition at the ICFA Gallery in Palm Beach Sunday and took a bracelet and a ring belonging to the exhibition's owner and artist. The artist said his jewelry was sitting on a desk in the gallery and that combined, the items cost about $6,000.
He gave police a description of Ohara and Ziskoski, and one officer noted he had seen the duo hanging around Palm Beach.
As officers arrived back to the gallery, the artist said he had noticed something in his gallery's guestbook. Someone had written multiple fake email entries into the guestbook, including "wedidnttakeit@gmail.com," according to the arrest report.
Two of the fake emails included the name "Meg" and one included Ohara's phone number next to it. Also on the page was a drawing of male genitalia and a woman's face labeled as "Meg."
Later at the Palm Beach County Jail, Ziskoski told investigators he and Ohara were the ones who the put the entries in the guestbook, and again said they took the jewelry, according to the report.

4 comments:

AllenS said...

Even the criminals are getting dumber.

Methadras said...

Floridians are just rock bottom stupid.

Chip Ahoy said...

How imaginative! I mean, before stealing that is, that's gross, but it never occurred to me that I don't have to write something sincere in a guest book, that I can completely jack with the whole idea of gracious remarks, and really stick out with my artistry.

I can rapidly draw a picture of an Egyptian presenting a pie and say, "Here, have yourself a pie."

With an Egyptian table of pies.

This article has freed me from the uninvited unhappy obligation of recording my presence with something vacuously vacant, insipidly sipidless, vapidly vaporous, obesely fatuous. I can fill a whole page instead with a picture of pies. And do it fast too.

edutcher said...

Another of those "Wah! Wah!" dumb criminal stories.