Monday, September 14, 2015

"Father launches campaign to find son’s hit and run driver only to realise he was responsible"

I beg anyone who was on Hester's Way Road between 8:30 and 8:40....doing school runs or catching a bus… to please call the police and help find who did this to my little man,” he wrote.

Local police also appealed for information, but realised Mr Ellison was responsible when they reviewed CCTV footage.
The distraught father expressed his shock and remorse on Facebook.
“Could you imagine what I felt like then knowing I nearly killed my own son completely unaware that I was responsible?” he wrote.
“Yes it was me. I just didn't see him or feel a bump… so imagine how I feel right now to be told that I accidentally ran over my own son. Think about that.
“That guilt will be with me forever.”
“The little man is recovering well and young enough to forget this day,” Mr Ellison wrote.

8 comments:

ricpic said...

The little man was ill at ease, he asked the waiter, "Some bread, please."
The waiter hollered down the hall, "Ya gets no bread with one meat ball!"
One meat ball.....one meat ball.







The great Josh White singing One Meat Ball. Played that over and over as a kid. A lot better than the crap chick or bags bathed in.

Amartel said...

Dad jokes within Dad jokes.

Amartel said...

Guilt redistribution.
An entire society of people who refuse to take the blame, much less responsibility, for their own misdeeds and mishaps.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

I wonder if he really knew and when through this elaborate charade (perhaps even on a subconscious level).

Amartel said...

You mean like when OJ vowed to track down the "real killers"?

Methadras said...

Amartel said...

You mean like when OJ vowed to track down the "real killers"?


Hillary also vowed to get the killers of our guys in Benghazi.

bagoh20 said...

" A lot better than the crap chick or bags bathed in."

Us dirty hippies didn't bath.

MamaM said...

“The little man is recovering well and young enough to forget this day,” Mr Ellison wrote.

“It’s something that will never be etched from my mind”


Now there's a turned phrase and concept. How exactly is something etched from the mind? To be etched in the mind is to fix permanently in or implant firmly on the mind; root in the memory

If there was pain involved for the "little man" that felt pain was experienced in his body and etched in his mind for life as implicit memory, regardless of whether he, as a 15 month old baby (far from being a "little man", is old enough to hold an explicit memory of the event.