Friday, August 21, 2015

"Romanian city offers free rides to people reading on the bus"

"The initiative, which ran for a week in June, was proposed by Victor Miron, a book-lover and resident of Cluj-Napoca in north-western Romania."
Miron said that he wanted to “encourage more people to read on public transportation”.
He proposed his idea to the city’s mayor, Emil Boc, who then posted it to his followers on Facebook.
The idea received such an overwhelmingly warm response that a year later it was put into action.
“I believe that it’s better to promote reading by rewarding those who read, instead of criticising the ones who don’t,” said Miron on arts website Bored Panda this week.

5 comments:

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

I tried reading on the bus and kept losing my place a few times because i didn't want to miss my stop.

Same when I dose off in the bus.

Dosing off was much easier.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

I should say IN the bus, not on it.

ricpic said...

Bet they're all reading Fifty Shades Of Grey.

ricpic said...

Don't be fooled by the different sizes of the books. The one on the right is reading the large print edition of Fifty Shades.

Methadras said...

I get motion sickness when I read in a moving vehicle, so this would be a no for me.