Sunday, August 2, 2015

Maureen Dowd asks Joe Biden, are you in?

"Joe Biden is also talking to friends, family and donors about jumping in. The 72-year-old vice president has been having meetings at his Washington residence to explore the idea of taking on Hillary in Iowa and New Hampshire."
He gets along with Hillary and has always been respectful of the Democratic Party’s desire to make more history by putting the first woman in the Oval Office.

But going through the crucible of the loss of his oldest son, Beau, to brain cancer made the vice president consider the quest again.

As a little boy, Beau helped get his father through the tragedy of losing his beautiful first wife and 13-month-old daughter in the car crash that injured Beau and his brother, Hunter.

When Beau realized he was not going to make it, he asked his father if he had a minute to sit down and talk.

“Of course, honey,” the vice president replied.

At the table, Beau told his dad he was worried about him.

My kid’s dying, an anguished Joe Biden thought to himself, and he’s making sure I’m O.K.

“Dad, I know you don’t give a damn about money,” Beau told him, dismissing the idea that his father would take some sort of cushy job after the vice presidency to cash in.

Beau was losing his nouns and the right side of his face was partially paralyzed. But he had a mission: He tried to make his father promise to run, arguing that the White House should not revert to the Clintons and that the country would be better off with Biden values.

Hunter also pushed his father, telling him, “Dad, it’s who you are.”
Is he or isn't he, jumping in the race for president?

13 comments:

I'm Full of Soup said...

You have to give Dems credit- they will do anything to win - even if that means they consider running a candidate for president who is an imbecile.

AllenS said...

If Biden says yes, then he is an imbecile of the highest form.

Dad Bones said...

If Obama had a white uncle he'd look like Joe Biden.

chickelit said...

No Democrats should be taken seriously until they depart from the wrong-headed Obama agenda: wrong on open borders; wrong on international treaties that are worse than doing nothing; wrong on deliberately increasing government dependence; wrong on trumping state politics with a Washington, DC top-down solution to every problem; and especially wrong on exacerbating racial tensions.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Chickelit 2016

Michael Haz said...

Maureen Dowd asks Joe Biden, are you in?

One of them is wrong-sized?

edutcher said...

That gives us a suspected pedophile and closet Communist, a dipsomaniacal, grafting, murderous, brain-damaged incompetent, the man who gave us the mess that is Baltimore, and a self-congratulatory, malapropistic political hack.

And we're told Joe was the one who got Barry to come out of the closet.

Can't think of a better field.

Trooper York said...

Maureen has asked many men that question.

So far none of them have touched the sides.

Chip Ahoy said...

Joe Biden tells Dowd all that Beau said as he lay dying regarding his father's attitude toward money and his father's future prospects in politics.

"Dad, I know you don't care about money."

"I know you know I don't care about money, Son."

"I know you know I know you don't care about money, Dad, because you see, as I lay dying I suddenly see these important things and layers of things. Zzzzz"

"Son! Come back! Come back!"

"Psych, Dad, I just nodded off."

"Try not to do that again, Son. We were talking about you knowing all about how I don't care about money. That's personal money, Son. I care about the public money very much."

"I know, Dad. Zzzzz."

"Son! Son! Come back!"

Man, that Maureen Dowd sure know a lot about Joe and Beau's intimate conversations.

Maude Lynn, please hand me a tissue. Some dust blew in my eye. Very mellow and dramatic very senti and mental also nost and aglia with a bit of mawk and ishness.

Lie to me Dowd, I'm wide open.

Rabel said...

The quotes sound an awful lot like Joe in his empathetic mode.

Do it, Joe. For the people. For Beau. For me.

Chip Ahoy said...

I bought another 32 X 48 canvas of a photo taken at Red Rocks Park.

My older brother is freaking out. He told me he wants one. And I'd do it and have it sent but it's one of those things again that you just don't know. It cannot be a surprise. 1) He should look through and pick one 2) to understand appropriate size.

I love mine and I will keep it but it is not art. But this one is. Especially big. There is more in there than at first glance, lichen, bird poo, bat guano, what have you, interesting lines and shadows and textures with interesting interruptions and movement which is a bit odd for solid rock. It makes you want to climb on it. I didn't want guests sleeping between rocks and now I don't care. It's curvy and looks a bit like red sea foam.

Looks like I made it just in time too. A day beyond the stated date. The sale is lifted and another in its place. A worse one that offers a 20" square for $36.00, not bad but they offer better.

I notice that Amazon prime also offers hosting photos. I wonder when you do if they hook up with this same printing company and offer different frame sizes and different sales.

That's the trick, taking advantage of sales. I think I'll open accounts here and there and upload a few large photos to see what their merchandising ads look like.

William said...

I can see where Trump sets off most people's BS detectors. What I can't comprehend is how this steaming pile of mush passes muster. I guess you can't ask any skeptical questions concerning the last wishes of dead children, but this is remarkably self serving for Ole White Joe. I guess Joe's lies are more human and endearing than those of Hillary. Maybe he can run on that platform. "I'm a more lovable liar than Hillary". Still, there's something creepy about using your dead son as a springboard for the Presidency. Maybe he can line up a bunch of children dying of leukemia to say how sorry they are that they won't live long enough to see Biden elected President. Maybe they could have the kids play with Cecil's abandoned cubs for an extra layer of pathos.

ndspinelli said...

With all the coverage of his kid's funeral I sensed the man bereft of any class would try and parlay the sympathy. The "Win one for the Gipper..err Beau" is one of the most shameless ploys ever. It make the Checkers speech noble.