Friday, August 14, 2015

"An American Flag in Cuba"

"As a crowd of a few hundred Cubans and Americans assembled inside the Embassy grounds, a larger crowd of Cubans, carefully organized and watched over by Cuban security forces, gathered outside as the official onlookers. They included a number of Cubans who, incongruously, waved miniature American flags as well as Cuban ones, while a series of gigantic Cuban flags hung from the façades of adjacent apartment buildings. The Cubans outside the American diplomatic legation periodically let out a cheer, especially when someone who appeared to be American approached."

"At a social gathering in Havana yesterday, a Cuban who has a close relative in one of the adjacent buildings told me that residents there had been visited by Cuban security officials, who informed them that they were expected to appear on the street today and to “be enthusiastic” in their slogans, cheers, and applause. Above all, they were expected to overwhelm and, if possible, drown out any anti-American or anti-imperialist shouts. The Cuban said that his relative had waggishly asked whether the anti-imperialist Cubans were now the “new enemy,” since, for many years, he had been expected to publicly condemn the Americans. In any event, all I heard outside the Embassy today were joyful noises, sincere or not."

7 comments:

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

If CNN was the Clinton News Network, Fox is Donald Trump network.

Amartel said...

Everything has to be staged.

edutcher said...

Lurch, the crypto-commie and all around traitor and self-seeker.

You will get yours, pal.

Chip Ahoy said...

Cuban flags, so? There's so many Cuban flags all over the place over here, we're lousy with the flappy things.

I asked some fifteen different people, possibly three people, numbers and counting people aren't my bag, but a lot of people were asked, "What's the dealio with those ten cuban flags over there?

Where?

City Hall.

City Hall?

The night club in the garage, not the real City Hall.

Oh. I don' t know. What Cuban flags?

Those. Directly across the street.

Those are Cuban?

Yes. They're almost Texas flags but not quite.

Nobody knows. Nobody cares.

Titus said...

Cuban cock is big and I am planning my vaca.

tits.

chickelit said...

Lem: my MacBook finally died. Can you go ahead post the post I have in the queue?

chickelit said...

I can't seem to access the web version of lem's on my iPhone so I guess I won't be able to post until I figure out how to do it from from phone.