Friday, July 3, 2015

Whose that girl?



She was the girl I always was looking for when I went out drinking in my younger days. Husky voiced with a cocktail and a cigarette. She would walk into the bar and fish through her purse. Take out a crumpled up five covered in lint with a Life Saver stuck to it. Order a Scotch straight up. Take a slug. Then she would take out a pack of cigs. Bang the pack against the bar. Fish out one. Pucker up her lips and light it. Blow out some smoke. Then she would turn and look at you. And smile.

Older and experienced she wanted to teach a callow youte a thing or two. She was my seventies dream bar girl.

But those dreams always went south in reality because nobody could measure up to the original.

Whose that girl?

5 comments:

john said...

Was she in "Blow up"?

edutcher said...

Not even hard.

Sheree North.

Couldn't miss that face in a mile.

PS Linda fooled me at first because that was not her usual expression.

BTW, wasn't that pic from the pilot of "High Chaparral"?

Trooper York said...

It is indeed the sublime Sheree North.

William said...

I'm pretty sure she would despise me. She looks like she knows things that are impossible to teach. Very formidable presence. My paradise will be overstocked with Maryanns. Maybe a few Julie Christies for seasoning but mostly Maryanns.

ricpic said...

The closest contemporary female presence I can think of to Sheree North is Kate Moss. But it's still a stretch. She was sump'n.

Remember the film, Charlie Varrick? She had a tiny role in it and she was over-the-hill by then but she still had it.