Wednesday, July 8, 2015

"Car sharing has me thinking"

"[T]he path seems promising for owner-based drive shares, making me wonder if I shouldn’t contribute some of my own prized possessions for wider utility and extra bucks."
Start with my iPod, which has a well-curated collection of modern jazz and Brazilian music, including many bootleg recordings not available on iTunes...

I’m also making my 17-year-old son available for share. Asher can operate your remote control, set up FaceTime and Skype calls, and show you the most hilarious BuzzFeed videos. Just don’t ask him whom he’s texting so furiously or what time he plans to go to bed...

For platinum-card holders, my wife, Sarah, could be option-shared at $125 an hour. She comes with 1,001 tested recipes for cooking chicken and never walks into a room she can’t tastefully redecorate. Sarah will listen empathetically to any family issue so don’t hesitate to give her your toughest problems. But note — she’s a serious night owl, so if you’re not prepared to stay up talking until 2 a.m., make sure there are plenty of books around for her to browse.
Anything you like to share?

5 comments:

Meade said...

Love.

Meade said...

I'd also like to share a secret.

Tank said...

A dog. I love dogs, but, let's face it, they are a pain in the ass to have 24/7/365. So, the perfect arrangement is a time share dog with three other people. You each get one week a month. You can walk the dog, feed the dog, play with the dog, then get rid of the dog for a couple of weeks. Then he's back, and when he sees you, he's happy as hell. And so are you.

Time share dogs.

Meady and Althouse basically borrow their neighbors' dogs. This too is not a bad way to go.

MamaM said...

Love is. Like light and integrity, it shines forth. No sharing required.

Meade said...

Love shared increases. Unshared, shrinks.