Monday, May 25, 2015

KLEM FM

I was in Patsy Cline kind of mood tonight and wanted to post her version of "Crazy" along with a clip of Willie Nelson on Dave Letterman's show recalling how he "sold" that song to her back in 1962. I'd seen the clip awhile ago but the Nelson/Letterman video is now protected and unavailable. Fuck you Letterman.  I'm glad you're gone.

Plan B:

I knew that something like this must exist. So I went looking and found it. It's a video of a guitarist covering the Duane Allman solo from "In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed." There is no extant video of Allman playing that version, but that version from their Fillmore East double LP is the definitive version. The solo is longer than most pop songs and is a classic:


2 comments:

ndspinelli said...

Letterman went from and edgy, funny guy to a run of the mill, curmudgeon. He is the classic, snarky, better than you, liberal. I think his friendship w/ Paul Newman was the origin of his change. Letterman worshipped Newman.

Tank said...

Duane RIP. If I could be any guitarist, he is THE MAN.