Monday, March 2, 2015

fish


Their lights go out and they do this each night, a regular thing since the lights are on a timer. They do the same thing around noon without a cue from the lights; bunch up in the middle of the tank and hang there in space for hours on end.

When they wake up they're hungry. For flakes. Flakes, flakes, flakes, flakes, flakes, that's all they ever eat. They're very picky. I tried to turn them on to other things, but they're not having it.

Half of these fish originate from the Rio Negro. I just checked the temperature of Rio Negro, one chart shows a range from 50℉ to 68℉. That is colder than I thought it would be.

Seems like I just stripped this thing out and now it's overgrown again. The fish like it overgrown.

2 comments:

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

I was in WalMart yesterday and I was saddened to see that the little aquarium section was abandoned. There were still fish in the tanks but there was so much algae that I had to press my nose against the glass to tell. A goodly number of dead fish.

In the past I'd always found the modest, little aquarium section heartening, as it always seemed to be well cared for, unlike the rest of the store, which seems to have no floor manager at all.

My guess is the aquarium section used to be kept in good condition only because of the conscientious efforts of a single caring person who no longer works at WalMart.

There's a lesson in there, somewhere.

chickelit said...

Seems like I just stripped this thing out and now it's overgrown again. The fish like it overgrown.

Such is the wonder of life - making order from chaos - or in this case, carbs from gas.