Thursday, January 22, 2015

"Intimate Brando, In His Own Words – Sundance"

Documentary filmmaker Stevan Riley (Blue Blood, Fire In Babylon) got the chance of a lifetime when he was granted access to more than 200 hours of audio tapes Marlon Brando made during the course of his life, a personal archive of never-before-heard musings, acting studies, self-hypnosis and insights the enigmatic Oscar winner had hoped to turn into an autobiographical film before his death in 2004.

 “Listen to me Marlon. … This is one part of yourself speaking to another part of yourself. Listen to the sound of my voice and trust me. You know I have your interests at heart. … Just relax, relax, relax. I’m going to help you change in a way that will make you feel happier, more useful. … I want you to accept what I say as true. What I tell you here and now is true.”

15 comments:

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

It's a pity no documentary filmmaker has done anything with the personal archive of material left behind by Bob Crane.

bagoh20 said...

Never trust yourself. The bastard only cares about his own needs. He's paranoid, cowardly, and drinks too much.

ricpic said...

Great instinctive actor, mediocre intellect.

Titus said...

I am horny with all the talk about Tom Brady's balls.

He doesn't want his balls rubbed, inflated or deflated.

Tom Brady's balls....yum.

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

Looks like titus has learned to stop worrying and love the bottom.

Progress.

Bleach Drinkers Curing Coronavirus Together said...

Do you think gullibility makes for a better actor?

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

About gullibility, I don't know.

But I tried my hand at acting, way back when.

You are expected to feel emotion upon command, repeatedly.

Not my speed.

edutcher said...

Brando could act and seemed to have started out as a nice guy.

Hollyweird has ruined as many people as DC.

chickelit said...

Astonishingly, Brando's audio tapes included snippets directed to both Lem and to Ritmo; the recordings date from the filming of "Apocalypse Now."

Bleach Drinkers Curing Coronavirus Together said...

I could sense some running water in that Chirbit.

Titus said...

I just watched The Imitation Game...amazing.

A fag in the UK created the first computer in order to beat the Nazis in the 1940's. Even back then we were creating amazing shit.

Afterward his life was fucked.

watch it; amazing straighties.

chickelit said...

I could sense some running water in that Chirbit.

I was trying to mimic the background sounds here.

chickelit said...

Titus said...I just watched The Imitation Game...amazing.

Keira Knightley could turn any man gay.

Titus said...

gays love keira chick, natch

ken in tx said...

I thought at first it said 'Inmate Brando'.