Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Roger L. Simon

In an excellent and brief essay At pjmedia Roger Simon explains Hillary Clinton's remark that we should have sympathy for our enemies by making a comparison with Rolling Stone's Sympathy For the Devil. After asking which enemies she has in mind and why we should empathize he goes on to describe Hillary as not so great a master of English, misspeaking frequently, reminding readers of familiar examples.

Simon postulates the problem with Hillary is she no longer knows what she thinks. Hilariously, to me, he writes you can almost see the gears grinding when asked a question, "What did I think in the days of  Saul Alinsky?  What did I think back in Little Rock? What did I think when Bill was president, first term, second term? Should I bake cookies? Why did Monica keep that dress?  How could I have left those billing records in the White house?  Is this good in Ohio? What did I think when senator?  When do the Watergate hearings start? What did I think when ..."

That's half of it, I don't dare lift the rest. It is too funny to ruin.

The thing I love about modern internet communication is you can write directly to authors that affect you. To congratulate them, to thank them, to point out errors, or to say simply, "Hello."


    1. New RLS blog Explaining Hillary’s ‘Sympathy for the Devil’
    2. Thanks for the outright belly laugh. :00 am, now my neighbors know I'm quite insane.

4 comments:

edutcher said...

I recall what Bill Halsey said, steaming into Pearl Harbor on the night of December 7, "When we get through with them, the only place the Japanese language will be spoken is Hell".

john said...

So there are some bankers boxes sitting in her closet. How does a first lady actually get rid of boxes, from the White House, without arousing suspicion? Ask a maid? Carry it herself to the dumpster on the corner? To the trunk of the car? She doesn't even own a car. Burn the papers one at a time in the fireplace?

Something like that would keep you wandering the halls at night.

Michael Haz said...

She has too much liquor brain. Drink she bad!

ricpic said...

Elect Hillary! No more discrimination against stroke victims!!