Thursday, October 30, 2014

KLEM FM


This is not my favorite song from that classic eponymous Rolling Stones album  -- that would be "Monkey Man."

Song lyrics after the jump.
Well, we all need someone we can lean on
And if you want it, you can lean on me
Yeah, we all need someone we can lean on
And if you want it, you can lean on me

She said, "My breasts, they will always be open
Baby, you can rest your weary head right on me
And there will always be a space in my parking lot
When you need a little coke and sympathy"

Yeah, we all need someone we can dream on
And if you want it, baby, well you can dream on me
Yeah, we all need someone we can cream on
And if you want to, well you can cream on me

I was dreaming of a steel guitar engagement
When you drunk my health in scented jasmine tea
But you knifed me in my dirty filthy basement
With that jaded, faded, junky nurse
Oh what pleasant company

We all need someone we can feed on
And if you want it, well you can feed on me
Take my arm, take my leg, oh baby don't you take my head?

Yeah, we all need someone we can bleed on
Yeah, and if you want it, baby, well you can bleed on me
Yeah, we all need someone we can bleed on
Yeah, yeah, and if you want it, baby, why don'cha bleed on me
All over

Ahh, bleed it alright, bleed it alright, bleed it alright
You can bleed all over me
bleed it alright, bleed it alright, bleed it alright
You can cum all over me

6 comments:

chickelit said...

The cover art of that album long intrigued me. The reverse featured that stack in disarray: link

I remember thinking as a kid in Wisconsin: WTH is on that pizza? It looked gross. Of course, my idea of pizza in 1970 was Shakey's Pizza.

chickelit said...

Or frozen Tombstone pizza.

Chip Ahoy said...

A friend of mine who must remain nameless for security reasons but whose initials are Hugh Shields... shit... has a bunch of acres of mostly undeveloped land where he set up a double-wide and raises a few horses.

He is the 6'4" roughneck who was afraid to enter my building because it housed so many blacks.

As so often happens, a portion of the land becomes a parking lot for old Cadillacs that do not run, broken down equipment, old sheds holding crap intended for something far in the future if ever. So much good intentions lacking energy to carry them off.

H.S. showed me one of the sheds, window panes, screens, doors, tiles, furniture exposed to the weather, and a very large box containing old LP albums. Hundreds of old LPs, all nibbled at the corners by vermin. All ruined.

Every time I think of album covers I think of those damaged junk albums along with all the other junk cluttering pristine Colorado near-desert landscape. And I wonder, "What is it about owning acres that causes people to trash a portion of it?"

My younger brother has such a big mouth sometimes. I mentioned this to James one time on a trip back form H.S.'s place. An oddity, I thought, and said so to James, considering H.S. is such a liberal tree-hugging love nature know-it-all save-the-planet aggressively dictatorial nature boy living shit.

Just strange. It didn't match. Ecological, yet junky with his own land.

The next week H.S. was offering explanations about his intentions to clear the place out of unused junk, non sequitur. I was made uncomfortable because I honestly didn't care, and now H.S. sudden interest in having me know he intends to clear out all the junk eventually, after this, after that, and that, and that, all told me James relayed my remark as some sort of concern. I can just hear my brother, James, say to H.S. "Chip wonders why you have so much junk on your land."

Ha ha ha ha. Now clean it up, Bitch.

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

I generally find that song lyrics are beside the point but I'm pretty much all by myself on that one.

You know, it's funny. When I was young, I never needed anyone. And making love was just for fun. Those days are gone.

All by myself. Don't want to be all by myself, anymore.

XRay said...

Naw, you're not by yourself re lyrics. I've pretty much never paid them much attention either. I suspect we had melody long before we had lyrics. Gimme that jungle beat, man.

deborah said...

Hmmm. Didn't finish the song, never heard it before. They're doing that American sound thing, like The Girl With Far-away Eyes (which I like). This song sounds like a maybe a cross between Skynard and Little Feat. Not impressed.