Friday, October 10, 2014

Actress Amanda Bynes Twitters Up a Storm (Update*)

After Amanda Bynes spent Friday morning tweeting detailed sexual assault accusations of her father on Twitter, the troubled actress has now seemingly recanted those statements with a tweet.

These Kids Today
After Bynes sent a barrage of earlier tweets accusing her father of verbal, physical and sexual abuse during her childhood — and saying she would be seeking a restraining order against him — her mother Lynn Bynes' attorney, Tamar Arminak, provided a statement to E! News on her behalf, denying any of the claims.

"I am heartbroken today for my husband of 47 years," she says. "Rick has been the best father and husband a family can ask for. He has never abused Amanda or our other children physically or sexually. These accusations are absolutely horrible and could not be further from the truth! These allegations stem from Amanda's mental state at the moment. They have no basis in reality. It saddens me beyond belief that my husband's character could be slandered in such a way."

The star had been embroiled with high-profile legal troubles last year, but appeared to be on a path to recovery as she attended rehab, moved in with her parents and was studying fashion design in college. But after a second DUI arrest in late September in Los Angeles, Bynes has seemed to have resumed her erratic behavior.
* "Reports: Bynes placed on psych hold at hospital"

28 comments:

The Dude said...

She seems normal, by Hollywood standards.

Calypso Facto said...

Are you listening, Gwyneth Paltrow? Use the microchip excuse.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

I'm trying to decipher the re-tweets.

They mostly fall on the mockingly unsympathetic, rubbernecking side.

How sad.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

The microchip. Does she really believe that? or was she attempting to mock herself?

There is a video going around of guy who joked he had Ebola while boarding a plane.

He was unceremoniously debarked off the plane.

chickelit said...

He was unceremoniously debarked off the plane.

Normally, such a person would be disembarked. But with ebola, there's a danger of what that entrails.

Calypso Facto said...

He was unceremoniously debarked off the plane.

Troublemaking son of a birch.

Trooper York said...

I remember when Ron Pearlman decided to dump Ellen Barkin when he had bought and paid for her.

That was what you called be unceremoniously de-ellenbarkined.

Hollywood people are fucked up.

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

[B]ut he's the one that ordered them to microchip me.

This is pretty much what they're referring to when they talk about the fine line between madness and genius.

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

Now would be a good time to restate my unflinching belief that the blogger/commenter who goes by "The Crack Emcee" is certifiably nuts.

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

Speaking of Ellen Debarkin (I always thought she was kind of a dog but I was clearly in the minority on that one), it was precisely two nights ago that I caught a deer debarking our Sweetbay Magnolia.

Son of a fucking bitch.

And I only caught the bastard because I was by myself, out watching the moon, drunk as a skunk, quiet as a mouse.

I don't howl at the moon any more, having learned that only wolves do that.

Lydia said...

I've never understood how any parent would let their child get caught up in the Hollywood hell-hole. In Amanda's case, it all began at the age of seven.

The Dude said...

I have a barking spud.

Really.

I have heard the phrase "barking mad", used by those of the Limey persuasion.

I am not mad about Ellen Barkin. I can't hear her from here.

ricpic said...

When life is hard, as it should be, people have neither time nor energy for this madness. This Amanda Bynes creature on the other hand is young beautiful rich and idolized by nincompoops. Intolerable. To her. So she goes off and creates DRAMA, creates conflict, creates miseria, so that her life will be bearable, which is to say filled with pain.

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

And yet man is born unto trouble, as the sparks fly upward.

Wait a minute.

Was I just thinking that or did I say it out loud?

ricpic said...

I just read that Amanda Byrnes isn't young, she's an old biddy. So I take it back, all the mean things I said about you, Amanda, you dried up old prune.

ricpic said...

No, it's Lynn Barnes who is a dried up old prune, not Amanda Byrnes, who is a crazed hussy.

Anonymous said...

Why can't she be more circumspect, like her former co-star from Married with Children, Ed O'Neill?

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Entrails

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Disembark... sounds like a dis.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Go Royals.

deborah said...

lol chick

chickelit said...

@Lem: Think embarcadero.

Chip Ahoy said...

That reminded me of dat one day a drunk wuz become rowdy while the owner of dat Cock and Bull was right there, 'es pub royalty 'e is, and say da guy leave. "Out! Out! Out! Out! Out!" dis im barked all da way to da door. And 'e did.

rcocean said...

A crazy actress? How unusual.

What does she think about Obama?

William said...

I felt kind of sorry for Britney Spears. Much less so for Lindsay Lohan. I haven't been following Amanda's breakdown. Maybe these new flares will give her more attention, but Britney and Lindsay are tough to top.

Michael Haz said...

Britney and Lindsay are tough to top

Not from what I've read.

Michael Haz said...

Doesn't Sixty usually disembark trees before putting them on a lathe?

The Dude said...

I do - I use the aforementioned barking spud. Followed by a metal detector, then band sawing then turning.

If things turn out right - ta da - bowl! From a bole. Round 'em up!