Monday, September 1, 2014

“This is no better than Tammany Hall”

"Judicial Watch reports that the Department of Justice is giving liberal activist groups money from a $16.6 billion settlement with Bank of America."
The groups benefitting from the lawsuit, according to Investor’s Business Daily, are the National Council of La Raza, Operation Hope, National Community Reinvestment Coalition, and Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America. The money also went to “delinquent borrowers” in Chicago, Oakland, Detroit, Philadelphia, and other major “Democrat strongholds.”

“This is a wealth redistribution scheme disguised as a lawsuit,” Tom Fitton, president of Judicial Watch, told The Daily Caller. “And who benefits from the distribution? Interest groups the administration relies on, outside interest groups, allies and politicians in communities trying to benefit as well.” (read more)

6 comments:

AllenS said...

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" — Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild and Eric Holder thinking on the same line

Unknown said...

A lot of these groups help with the "vote count". right?

edutcher said...

This is where you need a Republican press.

And a Republican Party.

YoungHegelian said...

Can I see a show of hands of all the people in the room who are surprised by this?

Paddy O said...

"This is where you need a Republican press."

I subscribed the LA Register a couple weeks ago (Sunday edition only, for now). I think if it takes off, it'll be good for other versions in different cities.

I actually do enjoy reading the paper. I stare at a computer too much as it is, and like the experience of reading on topics I might not necessarily choose if I was clicking about online.

Plus, Kareem has a good column.

I'm Full of Soup said...

Silly me- I thought we'd take that money to reduce our ginormous deficit.

Also. does an Attorney General have the legal authority to decide how that our] money is used?