Monday, August 4, 2014

"A diamond in the rough"

"Sergio Garcia’s drive on the par-4 third hole at the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational Sunday landed in the gallery. More specifically, it landed directly on a woman’s diamond ring. The impact of the ball dislodged the diamond from the ring, and the stone was temporarily lost in the rough. Garcia gave the woman a signed golf ball and asked for her information to replace the ring."

Sergio Garcia knocks diamond out of a fan's ring
 
"Garcia looked through the grass for a few moments after he hit his shot. Fortunately for the woman, the diamond was found."

5 comments:

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Crouching Tiger Hidden Diamond.

Synova said...

My very small diamond fell out of my ring. I didn't know when so I figured it was gone forever. I was getting in the car one day and looked down and there it was, right below the driver door on the carpet.

I suppose I caught it on the seat belt just right when I was pulling it across getting in or out one day.

Chip Ahoy said...

Everyday I walked with my dog to a nearby field so she can run around and we two play with her off lead. Autumn, the field of tall grass turned gold. The air perfectly dry as usual in Colorado, I rubbed her thick mane of hair on her neck vigorously with curved dry fingers and this large heavy gold ring depicting a mountain lion climbing on rocks flew right off my finger high into the air and landed somewhere in the unmowed hay.

I could not find it. Looked a long time too. Gave up. Returned home dejected.

What a f'k'n bummer. Childish ring, I know, but at the time I loved it so.

The next day relived the dreadful scene and found the ring in two minutes flat.

Still have the ring but never wear it. Too imma chur.

There were no golf balls nor diamonds involved, but it's the exact same thing. Lost and found in the rough.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Lost and found... I'll amend the tags.

deborah said...

My sister once called me on the phone with a dilemma. She'd purchased a golf bag at a garage sale and found a diamond in it. Don't remember the size. She didn't know if she 'had' to return it based on the woman she bought it from had given her an attitude. lol