Thursday, July 31, 2014

"Ray Rice Apologizes Again, Says 'Wife Can Do No Wrong'"

 
 
"What happened that night is something that never should have happened,"
"It hurts because I can't go out there and play football, but it hurts more because I have to be a father and explain what happened to my daughter," he said.

Rice called his wife an "angel" and said he let her, her parents, his teammates and the entire Baltimore community down.

"I know that's not who I am as a man," Rice said. "That's not who my mom raised me to be. If anyone knows me they know I was raised by a single parent and that was my mother."

Rice was arrested following the altercation, in which he allegedly struck Palmer. Rice has been accepted into a diversion program, which upon completion could lead to the charges being expunged.

11 comments:

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

No wife on Rice.

The Dude said...

The Onion reported that NFL players will face a mandatory 4 game suspension if they murder their wife.

Hey, let's not go all crazy, okay Goodell?

Trooper York said...

Well at least we know the answer as to when he stopped beating his wife.

When he got caught.

edutcher said...

"It hurts because I can't go out there and play football"

And make all that money.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Oh yea. We got the answer we always wanted to know.

When did you stop beating your wife?

Michael Haz said...

Wait. He used his single mother as the reason he beat his wife??

Put down the shovel, Ray, the hole is getting deeper.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

I watched a large replay of that on ESPN... the first mistake Rice made was to put his notes in his pocket and adlib.

One flurry of thoughts after another in search of one coherent "I'm sorry I can't tell you all how sorry I 'am... because Homey don't play that.

rcocean said...

Sports as domestic drama and soap opera. Who cares?

He hit her, but he loves her. He hit her, but she forgives him. He apologies, he cries, the audience cries.

Sniffles all around. Soap Opera for men.

Icepick said...

Which reminds me that I need to finish my squirrel of the week post.

The Dude said...

Wow, just watched that video - what an idiot. "High skoo"?

But to sum up, even though he calls her an angel, she isn't, just yet. Keep punchin', Ray, she'll get there. Maybe Rae Carruth can give you some helpful hints.

William said...

If Michael Vicks can find love and forgiveness so can Ray Rice. Michael Tyson is another inspiring story of a man who overcame nagging women to become a better person and whose virtues are praised by all right thinking celebrities. The only sin without redemption is to vote Republican.