Friday, June 20, 2014

Carolyn Henderson Allen

Dean of Libraries
University of Arkansas



Below is what you submitted to challen@uark.edu on Friday, June 20, 2014 at 11:03:53
My whole life I was taught libraries are important for their keeping the public informed. Well informed. So that well informed citizens can then vote in a well informed way. We were taught the same holds true for media, that without open and honestly open media there will be no check upon government, a very important fourth estate, as it were.  
As it was.  
But that was then and this is now. Now we see both media and libraries are actually active in protecting the interests of one particular party and they will do all within their power to carry out their new self-appointed function. Action like yours make libraries veritably useless for helping voters make proper decisions. Your partisanship is destroying trust in your institution. Your misplaced loyalty to Party is actually destroying our country. I've lost respect for libraries, for librarians because of you, for whatever that's worth to you. It will not be to libraries I go for information knowing I'll be met with one single fierce point of view. I'm surprised you don't see this or don't care. But I'm not surprised yet another once valued institution is fallen so low to partisan interests. It's what your Party does, it's who you Party are.

Eh, why not?

This is an email about the Free Beacon (I always read that free bacon) voice recording of Hillary cackling about getting one over on prosecution in defending a child rapist. Apparently a younger more hippier Hillary Clinton defended a guy who assaulted a twelve-year-old girl and he got off due to legal technicality that enabled a plea to a lesser charge. Apparently the pleasure Hillary took in all this is clear in her voice if you bother with the recording on Free Beacon. She laughs at his passing a lie detector test when she knew full well of his guilt. She also laughs at the crime lab accidentally destroying key evidence. Those are the part that critics will find damaging, I think.

We all know defense lawyers do not have to believe in their client's innocence. However we also all know it is violation to disclose the results of client's polygraph test and disclosing their guilt is violation of attorney-client privilege. Just bad lawyering all around. Yes, you got the guy off, but, gawl.

Reading further we see in court Hillary attacked the girl who had a crush on a fifteen-year old boy, made some questionable decisions, as young girls do, and ended up in an isolated reedy ravine with the old guy. she had  made accusations previously, fantasized, was emotionally unstable, exhibits stubbornness. All of that was unnecessary due to an error by the prosecution having to do with a missing link in the chain of evidence. Actually, the rest of the story sounds like good and thorough lawyering, difficult as it is to read.

Disclosure: I did not bother listening to the the recording on Free Beacon because that would involve listening carefully to Hillary Clinton voluntarily and I do not do that type of self harm. What am I masochist? Here is the original Free Beacon article with the recording, if you care to listen yourself. Maybe you can confirm, yes, she does sound well chuffed, or no, she does not. 

Free Beacon
http://freebeacon.com/columns/hillarys-people/

29 comments:

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

Chip, the issue is not Hillary taking the case. She did and apparently she got her client a very good deal (given the circumstances).

But she didn't have to do the interview with Esquire, and that probably violated attorney client privilege. She is promoting the job she did at the expense of her client. That shows a lack of judgment and I suspect it was an ethics violation. Even if her client was dead at the time, the privilege survives (the Clinton's know that because they later raised that defense over Vince Foster's notes with them).

And while being a defense attorney in a criminal matter may require one to attack a victim's credibility, if you laugh about it in a voluntary taped interview you really can't complain you are being treated unfairly.

Chip S. said...

Wanna bet that the next time a reporter listens to some of those tapes there'll be a few erasures?

Chip Ahoy said...

Yes, I know Evil Bloggerlady. I say that.

Have you listened to the recording? I haven't. I'm curious if it's as bad as they imply.

My issue with the librarian is telling Free Beacon to remove the recording, that they have no right to publish it, that Free Beacon is banned from their library. I realized later I should have said that. I assumed everyone already knows all that. The librarian is wrong in banning political opponents, she is dean of a State library. Who in the hell does she think she is? The IRS? I'm sick to death of Democrat operatives peppered throughout government positions misusing their positions in advancement of their perverse party. I'd be happy to see this woman fired. And left confused about why.

Chip S. said...

I think you made that clear in a great email.

deborah said...

Chip, go ahead and listen to it. Her humor is not over the guy getting over on the system, it's about the system effing up so badly.

EBL, I agree she violated attorney-client privilege when she said she would never trust a lie detector test again (the guy passed the test).

Chip S. said...

I'd be very interested in seeing the phone logs and emails of the university's chancellor over the past couple of days. I doubt that Ms. Allen made this decision all by herself, or that she even reads any sites that reference the Free Beacon article.

edutcher said...

It isn't Willie that runs Arkinsaw, it's the people whut owned Willie back then (Sam Walton, Don Tyson, etc.). I'm sure there are plenty of things they don't want exposed, but it begs the question of why have a library if nobody can rummage through it.

Aridog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aridog said...

A female lawyer, through her words, makes the 12 year old victim appear and feel guilty of being raped. I don't a rip what image a defense lawyer tries to paint....stick to the tangible evidence in cases like this one. That appears to be the only thing she did right. No need for the implications about the young girl. A no legal right to discuss the case with Esquire and laugh about it. But she's special doncha know.

Hillary did exactly as I'd expect her to do. She has no shame. And, guess what, on that recording why yes she does sound like the stump juice moonshine swilling thick tongued word slurring cracker bitch we thought she was mocking a while ago. Guess she was just reverting to down home stuff, eh.

Leland said...

Gee Chip, its almost like when you see abuse of power, you don't shy away from it for fear of being affiliated with others.

Titus said...

This is huge. I never miss reading the free beacon-it's amazing.

I just returned from NYC and Princeton for work. My schedule was crazy, natch.

But enough about me, how are you?

Do you know there are farms near Princeton?

My hubby came with me because he can work from wherever. He purchased beats headphones for me on our trip and paid for all my meals which I will reimburse to the company. He is 7 years younger than me and told me he feels like he is my parent.

I am into Orange is the New Black. Lots of lezzie sex, for those of you who may be interested.

Have a super weekend and remember to always keep reaching for the stars!

Titus said...

Oh and we went to Asbury Park too which used to be a dump.

But now that the gays starting planting ferns there it is becoming very expensive and fab.

I'm Full of Soup said...

Chip Ahoy:

It is amazing to see the librul information phalanx spring up to prevent Americans from hearing the truth about Hillary.

MamaM said...

Her humor is not over the guy getting over on the system, it's about the system effing up so badly.

I listened. And I don't believe it's possible for anyone to say for sure what Hillary's humor was over.

It sounded to me as though she was laughing over the bungling and loss of evidence that may or may not have held the blood of a raped 12 year old and implicated her client. Since I don't find that kind of system eff up funny in general, and particularly not so when blood from a 12 year old's torn and effed up vagina might be involved, I don't see what she might have found humorous about the situation. Maybe she was just happy all that silliness went her way. To my ears her voice and sing song delivery sounded smarmy and full of self.

Lydia said...

This is not sitting well with the now 52-year-old woman who was the young girl in that rape case -- in the Daily Beast: ‘Hillary Clinton Took Me Through Hell,’ Rape Victim Says

rcocean said...

Would you expect anything else from Billy Bob Clinton and his shrew wife?

I always felt the election of these clowns meant the end of America.

Good God, to go from TR to Ike to Reagan to Clinton. Talk about about a downward trajectory.

Bleach Drinkers Curing Coronavirus Together said...

Well, it just goes to show the importance of a properly funded and properly run crime lab if the state wants important evidence on behalf of the accused's guilt to be presented openly in court.

President-Mom-Jeans said...

That Dean is a fucking bitch, I suspect that nothing will happen to her over this, but at least some media attention on the rotten cunt's ugly mug will do her some harm.

Titus said...

A guy at the urinal next to me at my company farts while he is pisses and then says ahhhhh. This makes me a little queasy....should I tell him to cool it on the farts?

thanks fellow pubes and haters of liberals and obama.

Titus said...

chip you really need to be less wordy.

no one reads past the first paragraph.

thanks and tit.

now lets see your cock and your ass.. whore

Aridog said...

Titus...speak for yourself. I realize Chip's posts require actual thought about something other than yourself. So sorry about that. You do know why your computer has a scroll button on that mouse thingee, right?

rcocean said...

Look. I remember 1992. People were so pissed off at George Bush I, they would've elected Joe Stalin.

But the Clinton's? I'll give Obama one thing, there's no evidence he or Michelle have scammed anyone out of 1 $$$. The Clinton's were corrupt from Day 1. They liars from day 1. "I didn't inhale" lol.

If the American people had any integrity, at all, they would have elected the jug-earned little oddball from Texas, or Bush I.

rcocean said...

Titus is just a left-wing freak posing as a "comedian".

Hahha. I'm just glad Titus hasn't killed anyone.

ndspinelli said...

We all made a focused effort to ignore Inga, and she's gone. We ignored lawnboy, he's been gone for several day now. So..we know the drill w/ our chubby homosexual. Shunning works w/ Amish and trolls.

JAL said...

She is promoting the job she did at the expense of her client.

And years later, and now, at the expense of an actual real H-T-G VICTIM of rape.

deborah said...

Will this be enough to derail her chances? Obama got in with going to a church that goddamned America. And a lot of other sketchy stuff.

MamaM said...

Whether it's enough to derail her chances remains to be seen. What it does is reveal and confirm more of her character. Choosing that story to tell about herself, and laughing as she did in the places she did is more than "sketchy", it says something about her integrity.

Will her integrity matter to the millions who want free stuff? I doubt it.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

Chip, the tape is not that bad in and of itself. Hillary has a slight Arkansas accent that she picked up from Bill. Again, my issue is why would she be dumb enough to talk about her client being guilty (and it does not make her look better). She handles the case of a 12 year old getting raped about the same as a lawyer might handle a sizable civll case that got settled…no big deal. If a lawyer talked like that (with out the political issue) I would think he or she was an asshole. It shows a lack of judgment.


Of course had it been a Republican saying those things it would be selectively edited and run in a continuous loop on MSNBC!

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

Do I think this issue will derail her? No of course not. The media will downplay it. But I suspect there is a lot of stories like this out there. They will build up and could finish her off.

Of course, the GOP has to nominate a decent candidate.