Saturday, May 10, 2014

movie posters

That people animated. Some are quite good. Others do not cycle, they just jerk back and forth. That is the key, to create a good loop. There are two pages.

page 1
page 2

This impressed me most. The person had to reconstruct an arm and new hand preparing the gun that is not in the original poster, bashing the safety off or something. Apparently, a person who handles firearms. The easy path would be just lift the arm that is present in the original poster and shoot the gun. The smoke is well convincing too. The angle of the head changes, shoulder lifts, the legs move. All very good. This person is pro.



9 comments:

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

A lesson in GIF appreciation.

And so now I know a little of something I hadn't before.

Thank you, Mr. Ahoy, thank you.

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

I'm currently listening to a lecture series on film appreciation.

Why it took me so long to finally get around to the subject is a complete mystery, but I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

Part of the pleasure is in the affirmation or vindication or confirmation or whatever you call it.

What am I talking about? The guy was lecturing about Italian neo-realism and "The Bicycle Thieves." He called it "emotionally shattering."

Yep. Nice way to put it. I tried to watch it a couple of years back, got 20 minutes in, and had to stop.

Way too big a heaping serving of hot buttered despondency and I'm on a diet.

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

Seems I made a mess of the film's title.

Three marks out of four.

Unknown said...

the smoke and empty shells are more like it. When I took my first shooting lesson, I was surprised at the smoke and the smell.

ricpic said...

Usually it's trust fund babies who go all orgasmic over depictions of human misery like The Bicycle Thief. It's kind of a frisson to thems that ain't been there.

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

The guy said there are three directors with the sadistic inclination to hurt their audience and the skill to actually inflict pain. First and foremost was Hitchcock. After him came Kubrick and Polanski.

I'd throw Herzog in there but what do I know.

Aridog said...

Anyone who re-loads a magazine like that guy would be dead. Shortly. My daughter knows better than that.

The Dude said...

Yeah, he didn't rack the slide to get a round into the chamber and cock the hammer, so there is that.

Known Unknown said...

He might have just taken screen grabs from the actual film to construct the sequence in the poster.