Friday, April 4, 2014

Listen To This

WXPR is a small, unaffiliated public radio station broadcasting form a small town in northern Wisconsin.    Most of its programming is done locally, and it's really good.

The Blues Friday show is broadcast every Friday form 6PM to 11PM, central time.  It is the best blues programming I've ever heard on any radio station.

Here's a link to the show's website.  You can stream the show. It's worth it.

I also recommend the excellent Saturday afternoon bluegrass show.

10 comments:

deborah said...

How do you make the music play?

I see they have Bluegrass Saturday.

bagoh20 said...

I love the blues, but I can't figure out how to stream it. None of the buttons seem to work.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

You might need iTunes if your Windows player does not work

http://wxpr.org/listen-live

Look underneath "Now Playing"

deborah said...

I just downloaded the newest version of windows player, then hit the music link...it's working...thanks Michael!

Michael Haz said...

Glad you got it to stream!

bagoh20 said...

Had to open media player and drag and drop the link on the player. Now it's working. Nice.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

I got it to stream via iTunes. My Windows player has never worked right on this computer.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Nice... I just got RTd by the big Insta guy.

BTW, you are right MH, about the station.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Of course, it helped that I responded to his tweet.

There is a key to tweeting I'm learning.

ndspinelli said...

Blues from Northern Wi. where they still call them "colored folk."