Monday, March 10, 2014

Nanny gadgets

"[N]anny devices seem to have proliferated in the past year. The forthcoming Oral-B smart toothbrush may be “disappointed in your brushing,” as Yahoo Tech reported from the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona last week: The gizmo hooks up to an app and provides “real-time feedback” on your oral hygiene skills, joining a similar smart toothbrush from Kolibree. Last year, the smart HAPIfork attracted a wave of attention with its promise to vibrate if it catches you eating at an unhealthy pace. A company called Lumo offers a belt-like contraption that zings you into straightening your spine and has been pre-selling a clip-on device that similarly prods you to “bring your shoulders back and lift your head.” Sensoria Fitness Socks strive to straighten out your running gait."
Yahoo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Like the author,  I have wished for a device to remind me about my posture. I even used to think about jury rigging a contraption that would resist my slumping. Are there any habits you'd consider buying a device for? 

5 comments:

KCFleming said...

A nanny gadget to smile and say hello to people rather than looking blankly ahead might help, too.

Dust Bunny Queen said...

Are there any habits you'd consider buying a device for?

Not one that would nag me about my habits. Inanimate things should remain that way.

deborah said...

Pogo, I'm sorry you're having a rough time.

MamaM said...

Are there any habits you'd consider buying a device for?

Would vibrators fall into this category?

KCFleming said...

Hi deb!

@MamaM: Ha!