Thursday, January 9, 2014

Florida Man is Lucky To Be Alive

"Rutledge is a truck driver from Orlando, Fla. He was on his way to Indiana with a delivery when this week’s winter storm hit."
About 6 a.m. Monday, after the snow passed, Rutledge was staying at a truck stop in Whiteland. His brakes were frozen, so he went under the truck to fix them. That’s when the truck shifted in the snow.

“It caught my left side and my left arm was pinned by the axle of the truck,” Rutledge said.

He was stuck in below-zero temperatures, unable to move.

“I wound up being frozen to the pavement in the snow,” Rutledge said. “As I got colder and colder, I was yelling but nobody could hear me.”

That’s where that miracle – or maybe something more – came in.
What is the lesson? Never go under the cab without a Bluetooth. Which you may buy using our Amazon portal, at no extra cost to you, while supporting this blog's contributors. Thanks.

6 comments:

edutcher said...

One of those "Technology Is Your Friend" stories.

Unknown said...

Butt dialing would also come in handy.

JAL said...

He will live the rest of his life knowing there is a Reason.

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

Florida Man is Lucky To Be Alive.

We're all lucky to be alive . . .

Until we aren't.

KCFleming said...

Once when I was 6 years old I got trapped under my covers in bed one night.
I thought I'd never get out.

So I know exactly what this guy means.

Chip Ahoy said...

Plus, an advantage to bluetooth I've not seen acknowledged is that hooked up or not, activated or not, while having one on your ear you do not appear quite so mad while walking along talking to yourself.