Saturday, January 18, 2014

Bill Murray was asked "What was the oddest experience you had in Japan?"

"The oddest… well, I was eating at a sushi bar. I would go to sushi bars with a book I had called "Making out in Japanese." it was a small paperback book, with questions like "can we get into the back seat?" "do your parents know about me?" "do you have a curfew?"
And I would say to the sushi chef "Do you have a curfew? Do your parents know about us? And can we get into the back seat?"
And I would always have a lot of fun with that, but that one particular day, he said "would you like some fresh eel?" and I said "yes I would." so he came back with a fresh eel, a live eel, and then he walked back behind a screen and came back in 10 seconds with a no-longer-alive eel. It was the freshest thing I had ever eaten in my life. It was such a funny moment to see something that was alive that no longer was alive, that was my food, in 30 seconds."

reedit rip-off

14 comments:

Synova said...

I'm... speechless.

This ranks right up there with Drew Barrymore sh*tting in the jungle.

"There was a live eel, then a dead one, and I ate it. OMG."

OMG, is pretty much my reaction as well.

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

That's pretty weird because we watched Lost in Translation just last night.

God, I fucking love that movie.

"What kind of restaurant makes you cook your own food?"

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

I was in Home Depot this morning and there was Muzak.

"Midnight at the Oasis."

Too fucking weird.

Trooper York said...

The President used to do that with puppies back when he lived in Indonesia.

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

Also at Home Depot, on the Muzak, they played "Hotel California."

God, I fucking hate that song.

Trooper York said...

That is why he has always said that hot dog is his favorite snack.

(It is important to omit the "s")

ricpic said...

Not so funny for the eel.

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

After the first time I saw Lost in Translation, I was soon disappointed to learn that Scarlett Johansson was doing the glamorous actress, Ginger Grant, public relations thing.

I felt like I'd given her $20 and then found out she isn't really a single mother trying to make a little extra money at night to put herself through med school.

ricpic said...

Bill Murray has a potato face. All the Irish have the potato face. Not Troop. Troop has a gnocchi face.

See what I did there?

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

"Bill Murray was asked "What was the oddest experience you had in Japan?"

You see, that's why Bill Murray is rich and famous and I am not.

I would have answered, "That would be the butt, Bob."

See the problem? There's nowhere to go from there . . .

ricpic said...

Butt sex is different in Japan?

Trooper York said...

Yes there is Eric. Now you can get married in Utah.

Congratulations buddy.

Synova said...

Also... Ha! He only *thinks* he was saying "can we get into the back seat?" and "Do you have a curfew?"

Michael Haz said...

Ten Reasons Why Bill Murray Is Cooler Than You

Click on the first picture to bring up the left/right arrows.