Sunday, November 10, 2013

Royals

Song by Lorde, New Zealand singer-songwriter. The song is from The Love Club extended play (2012) and on her debut album Pure Heroine (2013) and as a single from the EP in March (2013)

Her video has 69,460,000 YT views, with 98,000 comments, not all of them complimentary.

A lot of people really enjoy this, but I do not. This song did nothing for me at all.

And then another poster popped up and said, "I showed this to you earlier but you tired old poops did not respond to it." Something very close to that.

And I must admit, as much as do not like clowns, this guy as Puddles the clown really did get me with this song. I like this cover much more than the original. Her version is more condescending, his more pleading and more pathetic. If you care to have a listen, notice him fumbling his costume buttons at 2:37 as if mentally fumbling. It is a very good dramatic touch, I think. His voice is stronger. It is weird and it is compelling.


I almost did not post this because I sense it is not near to anybody's thing. I decided to post this because I cannot get this version of this song out of my mind. The trick worked on me. I hope it works on you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The clown has a nice voice. I'll take the clown version over they young pretty grrl.

deborah said...

I like both versions, but the video is what draws you in on the original.

William said...

The shock of the new. I no longer wish to be shocked by the new, but it's a good song nonetheless--both versions.