Thursday, November 14, 2013

"Google says U.S. data requests have more than tripled since 2009"


"Google's latest transparency report is out, and with it comes news that should be shocking to no one: Federal, state and local governments keep asking for more and more data."


"In the second half of 2009, U.S.-based data requests numbered 3,580. By the first half of this year, that number had risen to 10,918 — a 205 percent increase. That pattern is also reflected globally, though to a lesser extent. Over the same period, international data requests on Google users roughly doubled."
For more click here (Article written by Brian Fung Wapo)

6 comments:

Aridog said...

Google and the Feds are in bed together already. A friend of mine, living in Israel, noticed that her Google page had birthday decorations on her birthday (I noticed that my Google page did not)... she thought that odd. So I looked on my birthday (this past Wednesday) and sure enough up popped the birthday decorations...and my name when I scrolled over the artwork, wishing me happy BD yada yada.

There is no privacy in the Internet, we just think there is with all our passwords and encryption. Ha Ha ha.

XRay said...

I truly, don't understand why companies give in to this.

What sanctions await them should they refuse? Would not that be the more interesting part of this collusion.

In that, are they all being paid for release of this information... are, or threats we have no idea of being used.

It's a huge incestuous beast eating our liberties alive.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

noticed that her Google page had birthday decorations on her birthday...

I had the same.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

What I'm noticing now is sometimes there is a processing delay when I post. Google just released a revision and it appears to me is that they are trying to steer people into their Google facebook called Google plus.

I have been resisting it.

ndspinelli said...

"Do no evil" my ass!

bagoh20 said...

It does make sense. If you were the government and saw how badly you've been fucking up lately, wouldn't you ask for more information?