Tuesday, October 15, 2013

'Italian restaurant owner hand-builds theme park in his spare time'

"Hidden among the trees of an Italian forest," Romero explains, "Bruno has been building swings, slides, seesaws, gyroscopes and roller-coasters for the last forty years. They are his passion and a way to attract clients to Ai Pioppi, the restaurant he runs with his family. 
Throughout this short documentary, his hand-powered toys move alongside his thoughts about existence and death; and why he spent more than half of his life creating rides."

 
 
"It's funny because I didn't expect it. I didn't imagine it would be such a great success.'
In the documentary, he ruminates on the future of his beloved park as he contemplates retirement.
He said: 'I wish it would keep running like this.
'There's an Italian proverb that says, "you shouldn't change a winning horse", but I can't impose my ideas on my successors, because everyone has a different point of view. I will leave it up to them."

Photos of the park can be seen on Flickr.

Gizmodo , Mail On Line , documentary after 'read more'



9 comments:

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

I went to Babelfish and it told me that in Italian it's Oompa Loompa.

But in all fairness, I'm not quite sure that I was correct to assume that Oompa Loompa is an English word.

chickelit said...

There's an Italian proverb that says, 'you shouldn't change a winning horse',..

Cavallo vincente non si cambia

ricpic said...

Great idea! Would work equally well for a BBQ joint in the states, that has a couple of acres of space around it. That outdoor slide is gigantesco.

deborah said...

Am I the only one thinking of law suits?

deborah said...

Don't, chick.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Am I the only one thinking of law suits?

Maybe things are different in Italia.

deborah said...

Prolly.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

Some needs to get Trooper to make a visit.

Icepick said...

Let's send Barack Obama over there (he's not doing jack shit over here, after all) to tell that guy that "You didn't build that!"