Saturday, September 14, 2013

The World's A Mess It's In My Kiss


X - The World's A Mess; It's In My Kiss
 

 
no one is united all things are untied perhaps we're boiling over inside they've been telling lies who's been telling lies? there are no angels there are devils in many ways take it like a man the world's a mess it's in my kiss you can't take it back pull it out of the fire pull it out in the bottom of the ninth pull it out in chords of red-disease drag on the system drag on my head and body there are some facts here that refuse to escape i could say it stronger but it's too much trouble i was wondering down at the bricks hectic, isn't it? down we go cradle and all the world's a mess it's in my kiss go to hell, see if you like it then come home with me tomorrow night may be too late both moons are full dirty night dying like a lovely wife goodbye my darling how high the moon well i wish i was

Read more: X - The World's A Mess It's In My Kiss Lyrics | MetroLyrics 

13 comments:

john said...

She rocks. And when she completely blows out her vocal cords (maybe in a couple months), she can go on tour with Bob Dylan.

I'm not sayin that's bad.

bagoh20 said...

Hey Lem,

It looks like you're a real blogger and stuff now, and it's good. Congratulations! You did it, man.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

I took Althouse's Establishment Clause Test.

It was so tempting, you know... all of a sudden, without studying for it, I could get the seal of the blogosphere establishment?

Wouldn't you have taking it?

A chance to appear on Instapundit maybe?

She only game me 30 seconds though...

I'm so screwed ;)

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

that should read 'gave' not 'game'.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Thank you bags... and thank you for not leaving us.

bagoh20 said...

"I wish I knew how to quit you."

Revenant said...

She used to be married to Viggo Mortensen, way back before he was Aragorn in Lord of the Rings.

Random trivia.

Chip Ahoy said...

This is awesome.

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

(1) She looks exactly like our old high school librarian except her hair's colored and it's not in a bun.

(2) Watching that performance brought back memories. You see, I dabbled in the new wave/punk scene way back when.

I wasn't very good at it, though, because I'd always be asking myself, "And now what?"

That's no way to have fun.

Aridog said...

Lem said...

I took Althouse's Establishment Clause Test.

No you didn't. I checked.You demurred. You actually got it right by not taking a challengethat was logical nonsense:

Here's my test: You have 30 seconds. Don't read the article and don't look anything up. Write one sentence articulating a secular purpose for having "In God We Trust" on the money. Do the best you can — that is, be on the Freedom From Religion side for the purposes of this exercise.

Not possible. The "don't look anything up" phrase is the key...that the hostess presumes you are too ignorant to get it that she wrote a logical fallacy as a proposition....that you write a Freedom From Religion compliant statement giving purpose to use of the very term they wish removed.

Category: Too cute by half

Aridog said...

Not exactly Janis Joplin or Tina Turner, but remember I am an old coot. My idea of Underground Rock is more along the lines of Pigmy Love Circus on Mad House Clown [studio version] or British Lout

If PLC was in town, or nearby, even Chicago, and playing a club in their old way, I'd attend.

virgil xenophon said...

@Aridog/

Or how about the Bonzo Dog Do-Dah Band of giant paper-mache
heads fame?

Aridog said...

virgil xenophon ...Don't know them, so I had to look them up. Bonzo was hardly "underground rock" from what I found. I am biased, however, as I met the PLC in 1990 and spent a weekend with them. Not your average big venue band...better in close quarters, where they encouraged audience participation.