Tuesday, September 10, 2013

snake

I drew you a picture.

This has been bugging me for a long time. This is what I'm thinking. The snake is already done. It is built on a step. A crimp in the step. An arm on the crimp. As the paper step folds, so does the crimp and to do that it must turn inward and the arm attached to the crimp turns too. There is a snake on the arm so the snake appears to move.

Two crimps in the step, so two arms that move in opposite directions, 45 degrees, and two snake coils attached that appear to move eerily similar to an actual snake, together a full 90 degrees, impressive in pop-uppery.

Disguised and covered it is a bit freaky.

But now I think that can be extended one step upon another lengthening sideways rather than up and down as steps do, steps that do not behave as steps but as a ladder sitting on the ground.



I made a brief video of a finished pop-up card featuring a coiled snake at the bottom of this page if you care to see how I charm the pants off my brother. The snake has arms. It needs them to pass out cupcakes, eh, why not? 

Here is how one looks like without arms and disguised covered in forest liter for this multiple page card

There is another one too but it's ugly. I got tired of drawing. Three snakes eating grasshoppers,

3 comments:

rhhardin said...

It's the cupcakes of good and evil.

deborah said...

Too cool for school. One lucky brother.

I'm late on my homework, still have not done exploding hearts one.

yashu said...

Chip, forgot to say here how much I love your pop-up art. So much!

A may zing.