Thursday, September 26, 2013

raspberries


These containers were a dollar apiece. And I thought picking all those berries must be slave labor. It doesn't seem right. I picked berries before. The bushes are scraggly. The berries are plentiful, yes, but you still have to go digging around the scraggly bushes, walk into them, and go for the ripe ones, rejecting overripe ones, and avoiding underripe ones. That's a lot of picking. Unless they use a machine that shakes it. I can't imagine how they get so many. 

I just made that batter up with stuff I like and it turned out great. Except I didn't make enough. It was totally overwhelmed with extreme raspberry tartness. Overkill. 

1 comment:

bagoh20 said...

My neighbor gave me blackberry(?} stem last year, and I potted it. After it rooted, I planted in my back yard this spring. It's about 8 ft in diameter already, and still going. I never saw anything grow so fast. Just a handful of berries after I first planted it, but I bet next year will be bounty.