Wednesday, September 11, 2013

"Defund Obamacare"

Here are some pictures of yesterdays "Exempt America Rally" by Tea Party Patriots, held at the steps of the nations capitol, Washington DC.

On our way from the Union Station to the capitol grounds, we ran into former congressman Allen West. He said he was coming from a Heritage Foundation talk. He was very gracious, although his liaison, in the background, was visibly displeased that he was taking the time to talk to us and pose for pictures.
Former congressman Allen West
 
Once we were on the grounds, listening to the speakers, the pleased noise of recognition, coming from behind us, got our attention, we turned around and saw Senator Rand Paul coming through, approaching the check point for the speakers, shaking hands along the way. My phone battery had died by then, but my iPod's battery, still lived. By the time I turned the iPod on, however, Rand Paul had passed by. I did manage to tap him on the shoulder while telling him he was "my guy". I just said what came to my head. It occurred to me that I would catch him on his way back out. That plan fell through however, when Rand left the gathering from the opposite side from once he came. I saw the wisdom in that strategery. Rand Paul got to see more people up close that way.

Not far behind Rand Paul, along came Ted Cruz, with a bigger entourage, a camera crew with strapped leather heavy looking bags of equipment, with an overhead microphone shielded from the elements by an overgrown feline like thick coat of fibers. Ted is either running for something bigger and higher or is taking the air out of a robust campaign warchest. Unlike Rand Paul, Ted Cruz came in and out of the gathering via the same check point. Not too swift.

Congressman Ted Cruz

Oh, did I tell you Captain America was at the rally?

Captain America
 
We also had one of the founding fathers on hand. I didn't get his name. Maybe you recognize him.

Founding Father
 
 
Herman Cain attracted the young.
 

Herman Cain
 
For more pictures go here.

14 comments:

Chip Ahoy said...

Excellent photos. Tell us about their speeches. I cannot imagine what they might talk about.

ndspinelli said...

Great shots, Arthur Bremer. It looks hot as hell.

Michael Haz said...

Nice work, Lem!

Sixty has cataracts.

The Dude said...

I do. But notwithstanding that fact, those are some lousy pictures. Snapshots. Bad composition, horrible lighting, awkward posing and low resolution. They suck.

I am colorblind, too, otherwise I would comment on saturation or some other stuff I have never seen.

Mitch H. said...

We also had one of the founding fathers on hand. I didn't get his name. Maybe you recognize him.

Heh. Looks like Horatio Gates or Israel Putnam, although I suspect you were going for Washington...

deborah said...

An ipod can take pictures???

The Dude said...

Not good ones.

deborah said...

I understand iphones take superb pics.

Trooper York said...

Iphone pictures do not enlarge well. That is what Sixty is grousing about.

The Dude said...

I grouse because I can. And because blurry Trooper pictures.

Okay, there are times I am thankful for the latter.

Trooper York said...

Hey wait to you see my new beach shots. Very sexy baby.

deborah said...

Lem said ipod, not iphone. He has a non Apple phone...a droid. I did not know ipods took pics..is this new?

Trooper, wanna guest post a little about your vacay? Would love to hear your highlights. If not...tell hear, pleeease.

The Dude said...

I take lots of pictures with my iPhone - the key to having ones that enlarge well is in how you send them - small, medium or large, in terms of pixel count.

JAL said...

Thanks Lem!