Sunday, August 25, 2013

New IRS guidelines for American Legion

Patrick Howley at Daily Caller says this smells like Lois Lerner.

IRS now requires American Legion posts to maintain dates of service and the character of service recored for all members.

Or else!

$1,000 a day, Bitches.

They know it's her too. Her department.

Have you ever been to one? An American Legion? The ones in Denver have awesome breakfasts, and I mean awesome. Everybody goes. It's like a big get-together where they fly into action and present an ace breakfast on Sundays. The full panoply of expected breakfast items, except probably the eggs must be scrambled. I forget. And for as little cost as possible. That's part of it, I think, to keep the cost down. I would never know about this were it not for my parents involvement. They went to all those clubs. I bought a few drinks at my Dad's VFW one time and I was astounded how inexpensive they are, like half price from what I was used to. Like the whole idea was to keep the guys together in one place drinking together cheaply.

9 comments:

JAL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JAL said...

Tar. Feathers. Pitchforks, too.

To quote a blogger in TN.

bagoh20 said...

I was taking a dump this morning and a gal from the government was there to hand me a new roll of paper just in time. YMMV, but I find them people just delightfully helpful - a real blessing.

virgil xenophon said...

"Smells" like Lerner? No, REEKS is the better characterization..

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

I'd heard about the boozing that goes on inside, but from the outside, I'd assumed that the main purpose of the VFW was to find places to display pieces of obsolete field artillery.

edutcher said...

If they're American, they're the enemy.

AllenS said...

One person's obsolete field artillery, is another person's rememberance of history.

ndspinelli said...

The American Legion is one of the most generous of all organizations. I played and coached American Legion baseball. For non baseball fans, this is a nationwide summer baseball program for high school aged boys. Thousands of former American Legion players have gone on the be MLB players.

Phil 314 said...

Cheap drinks and smoking, lots of smoking.